X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

LaunchPad

Announcing LaunchPoint from worthwhileTech.
    Latest version: 0.7.1 - Released 9/16/2009
    NEW! Popup launchpoints - Dial, email and text all from a single launchpoint!

Please Help!: I'm preparing to submit LaunchPoint to Palm for consideration for the official App Catalog. Please let me know of any issues you have with the current version (ver. 0.7.1). New features will be added in upcoming releases, but for now I have to focus on the base feature set and make sure it's as good as possible. Is the flow of the program logical? Do I need more explanation for first time users?

You can find the current version here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/launchpad
    (Also, please be sure to vote for LaunchPoint when you visit the above link).

LaunchPoint - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    LaunchPad lets you put photo icons of your contacts right in the launcher. Now your favorite people are one tap away. Turn a launcher page into a favorites page, with photo icons that allow you to call, email or text with a single tap. Sort, customize, and rearrange to your hearts content. Your most favorite can even be dropped into the "quick-launch" bar for even faster access.

If you have lots of friends, now you'll have a real good reason to apply that "add additional pages to launcher" hack. Imagine, speed dial links on a page, email links on a page, sms links on a page, and pages left over for all those cool homebrew apps. All this greatness and it uses the native pre interface, not a separate app you have to keep open.

Don't worry, if you don't have lots of friends, tell everybody you know about LaunchPad and you'll make new friends faster than ever.

NOTE: When you tap a launchpoint, you DO NOT go through the contacts app. Tapping a dialer launchpoint dials the phone immediately. SMS launchpoints take you straight to your threaded message view, and email launchpoints launch a new email message, pre-addressed.

LaunchPoint will revolutionize the way you organize your contacts and use your Pre.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    Q: How do I delete a launchpoint I have created? <<<<< PLEASE LOOK HERE!!!
    A: Hold orange button on keyboard and tap the launchpoint.

Q: How do I vote for / rate LaunchPoint?
    A: Go to http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/launchpad and click on the stars to give a rating. If you find LaunchPoint useful please take a moment to give a rating as right now it's the only feedback we developers have access to as far as how well received an app is (other than comments in this thread). If you have issues with LaunchPoint post them here and I'll do my best to address them. Let me know what it would take to make LaunchPoint a 5-star program for you.

Q: I would like to donate to help support the further development of LaunchPoint. How do I do this?
    A: Click Here

LaunchPad is now known as LaunchPoint! Along with the new name, LaunchPoint received a visual overhaul. Big thanks to sdmeier for the concept and design of the new program icon. Thanks also to PreFix for his diligent help in eliminating the bugs that were causing photo icons not to be assigned correctly.

Release Notes for Version: 0.7.1 - Released 9/16/2009

Changes:

Added popup launchpoints. A popup launchpoint pops up a menu which allows to to choose from dial, email and text. Now you can replace 3 launchpoints for a single contact with one. The previous dedicated launchpoints are still available as well.

Release Notes for Version: 0.6.0 - Released 9/9/2009

Changes:

Fixed bug where AOL avatar images using .gif format were causing a default icon ("moon" icon). They now are assigned the appropriate LaunchPoint icon depending on the LaunchPoint type. All launchpoints created should now display a contact photo or the appropriate LaunchPoint icon (phone, email or messaging). If you get the moon icon for any contact after upgrading to version 0.6.0, please let me know.

Release Notes for Version: 0.5.0 - Released 9/8/2009

Changes:

User interface improvements.

New program icons. When you create a launchpoint for a contact that does not have a photo assigned, the launchpoint is now created with an icon that denotes the type of launchpoint (dial, email or text).

Hopefully all bugs related to photo icons no being created correctly, especially for Exchange Server contacts, have been resolved. If you are still having troubles, please post here in the forum.

Release Notes for Version: 1.1.2 - Released 9/4/2009

Changes:

This release contains a number of bug fixes (back-gesture navigation issues, missing photo icons, etc.) and user interface clean up in preparation for inclusion of LaunchPad in the official App Catalog.

New Feature:
    As requested by KnoxBNYC, you can now use an email address for an sms launchpoint. When you create an sms launchpoint, you will now see all phone numbers and email addresses associated with the selected contact. Note: when using an email address for an sms destination, the messaging app will not open into the threaded "chat history" view, so using a mobile number is preferred if available.

Upcoming Features
    1. Ability to create a call history launchpoint. If I need to call somebody that's not one of my favorites, chances are they are in my recent call history. On my treo it was a single button but now I have to load the phone app, wait, and then hit the call log button. Not any more.

2. More options. Personally I love that a single tap initiates dialing immediately, but I know others like the safety of hitting the dial button in the phone app before a call is placed. Soon you will have the option when creating a dial link which dial method to use. I've never drunk dialed an ex girlfriend but I imagine it could cause trouble.

3. Program group links that will open up a launcher-like card with all games or all utilities etc.

4. Group text and email links. Assign a group of close friends to a link and text them all with a single tap. Or, update your twitter,facebook status and whatever other social networking site all with a single tap. Even post a photo to multiple online photo sites all from a single link.

5. Option to create dial, email and sms launchpoints for a single contact without having to go through the process 3 times.

6. Option to create launchpoint title with underscore instead of space before link type (Bob Smith_email and Bob Smith_sms). This will keep universal search from bringing up all your sms launchpoints when you are searching for a person or app that begins with an "s". This will be an option because I personally like to have universal search bring up all my email launchpoints as soon as I type an "e" but again this is a personal preference. Also, I will add " dial" link type to end of title for dialer launchpoints to allow universal search using "d".

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/199637-launchpad.html
    Last edited by D/\SH; September 19, 2009, 09:52 AM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: LaunchPad

updated with newest version

Comment

Working...