X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

SMS INVITE[v0.2.7.1375

I posted the first trial BETA of this app over at XDA last week. I refined it quite a bit since then and wanted to toss it up over here now since it's not as "buggy".

INFO
    Here's some basic info on the app for those who haven't had a chance to check out v0.1.0.0 (@XDA)

The app is designed to allow the user to send meeting requests and reminders via SMS. If the recipient has a WM device, and has the app installed, the meeting invitations can be intercepted on the receiving device and added to the user’s calendar (if accepted), and a response sent to the meeting organizer (Accept, Tentative, or Decline). Automatic meeting reminders can also be scheduled to send to meeting attendees.

These SMS messages are created in a way that they can be read by the recipient if they do not have the app installed on their device, or even if they don't have a WM device. This means that you can still use the app to notify meeting attendees with all of the meeting info, and send reminders, regardless of if they have a WM device or not. This app can be helpful in any setting: Business Meetings, Family Activities, Personal Events, etc.

UPDATE
    This is a BETA trial I am posting. This will expire on Monday, 8/24/09. I will be posting a revision at that point, with changes made based on additional feedback from this post. For anyone that helps by providing useful, constructive feedback, I will make sure you receive a copy of the final pre-release build.

FEEDBACK
    If you encounter any errors, screenshots are helpful! Also, a brief description of the actions that caused the error (as well as if you are able to reproduce the error via the same actions) is helpful. Feedback from people with devices that know each other (i.e. husband/wife, friends, etc.) that could test this between devices would be incredibly helpful.

Post #2 contains information on device requirements, as well as a changelog showing what has been added in the latest build. Also shown are plans for upcoming additions to the app. I have also added screenshots to the post #3.

Device Requirements
    Windows Mobile 6 Professional
    .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (or higher)

v0.2.7.1375
    1) Landscape mode now supported
    2) Meeting invitations are now stored, and can be responded to at user's convenience
    3) App is now more visually appealing
    4) Several form layouts changed to be more user/finger-friendly
    4) Recipients can be removed from meetings

v0.1.00
    1) Send/receive meeting invitations via SMS
    2) Send/receive acceptance responses to invitations
    3) Accepted meetings added to calendar
    4) Automatically send meeting reminders
    5) User defined settings

Upcoming Additions
    1) Finger slide through calendar
    2) Finger slide through appointments
    3) Sound notifications on meeting invitation/response (can be disabled in settings)

i take no credit for this app and can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79769
    Attached Files
Working...