MobiOS (includes GoogyOS, WindyLive, YahooyOS & AOLMobile)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

MobiOS (includes GoogyOS, WindyLive, YahooyOS & AOLMobile)

So, after suggestions by some members (and being on my to-do list for awhile), I'm very proud to present:

MobiOS Version 1.2.2 - 8/15/09

New version (1.2.2) available on the Homebrew page (soon)

First off, the name. It's a play on the url extension ".mobi", typically used for mobile websites.

This app includes everything from my 3 other apps as well as the inclusion of some AOL mobile websites (AOLMobile: an unreleased app of mine). The other ones will no longer be updated. Instead, all development efforts will be put into this app.

Small description for each part of the app:
    * With GoogyOS, you have access to all of the mobile versions of their web apps (gmail, etc.). See the homebrew page (1.1.8) & forum topic for more info
    * With WindyLive, you have access to all of the mobile versions of the windows live web apps. See the homebrew page (1.0.4) & forum topic for more info
    *With YahooyOS, you have access to all of the mobile versions of their web apps (Yahoo mail, sport, etc) . See the homebrew page (1.0.9) & forum topic for more info
    *With AOLMobile, you have access to some (adding more in a future update) of the mobile versions of their web apps (AIM, mail, etc.)

Changes in 1.2.2:
    • Code cleanup/optimization
    • Added more contact options on the help page
    • Still need feedback on landscape functionality/errors

A couple of things to fix though:
    *Had to disable the update dialog for now. It was popping up every time the app launched (instead of when a new version is installed). Hopefully will include it in a future update.
    *Need to fix AOLMobile labels

*Need to center icon titles

Future things I'm going to add:
    *help menu with topics to choose from

Very future things to add:
    *Move bookmarks around?
    *Move/reorder icons/buttons around
    *Add glossy look to the icons/backgrounds, move icons around, custom backgrounds

Huge thanks to:
    Arcticus &
    reuben.olsen for helping me with my various coding problems!

Feel free to post comments/ suggestions here or PM me.

Download the latest version (1.2.2) in the Homebrew section (soon)

Like the software that I'm developing? Feel free to donate

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/198094-mobios.html
    Attached Files
Working...