• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

[UPDATES] VGA]Panoramic Background for GenY Manila 21 31/08

Hi guys a take no credit for this found on xda link below

VGA Panoramic Mod for Gen.Y Manila 2.1

This is a panoramic mod for yozgatg's Gen.Y Manila 2.1 VGA port. Thanks go to yozgatg for his great port, NisseDILLIGAF and rotastrain for the panoramic mods they created, and Chainfire and 6Fg8 for their great development tools. This is based almost entirely on rotastrain's work, including being able to have a white background on All People tab, etc. and displaying the panoramic background while scrolling. I mainly got it to fit VGA correctly and changed the landscape panoramic view so that you can see the full wallpaper and it is not cut off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1rH0fw3j1g&feature=player_embedded]You can watch a video of it in action here.[/ame]

Panoramic images for portrait are created as with the other panoramic mods (so search if you need a detailed guide :)). Briefly, a 1536x512 panoramic picture is made into 3 sequential 512x512 .png images (named pano1,pano2,etc.). These images are then placed into 67ea4038_manila, 67fc58b9_manila, and 680e713a_manila with cfcgui and cfc compressed (optional). Copy them to /windows on your device and overwrite the ones there to change the background (requires restart of tf3d2.1).

Panoramic images for landscape are a little different. A 1536x376 panoramic picture is broken up into 3 sequential 512x376 images. These images are then placed at the top of a 512x512 canvas so that the bottom 136 pixels are transparent/white (anything in the bottom 136 pixels will not be displayed). These images are then placed into 6832a23c_manila, 6844babd_manila, and 682089BB_manila with cfcgui and cfc compressed (optional). Copy them to /windows on your device and overwrite the ones there to change the background (requires restart of tf3d2.1).

VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama.cab contains only the panoramic manila files, so that you will still have the same slider, curtains, clock, etc.

VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama_with_mods.cab contains the panoramic manila files, as well as the hidden when inactive call history/calendar, black-glass flip clock, Lucarp78's transparent slider, and no curtains. This is the version pictured and in the video. The icons by bullet7722 are not included.

Gen.Y_Pano_Background_files.zip contains the manila files used to change the backgrounds.

Known issues
    -Manila lists without a tab at the bottom will display as text on the panoramic background that may be hard to read (ie all programs menu or picking favorite contacts). You can see an example in the video.[/QUOTE]

31 August 2009 update to v2a
    -Fixed right side of landscape image not aligning with end of screen
    -Made 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods' compatible with all Manila 2.1 language packs (also updated in 'v2.0 with mods')
    -Added Kamill's CompactHome Standard to 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods'.
    _____-Now shows 3 appointments on homescreen, 4 when clock pushed up, and auto-hiding call history.
    GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
    ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; August 31, 2009, 01:11 PM.
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic
  • PsyChoTk
    • Jul 03

Re: VGA]Panoramic Background for GenY Manila 21

Awesome post!! The panoramic ability has been talked about in a lot of the forums. Plus I kinda missed it too. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by D/\SH
    you psychotk :)

Comment

• drdrewdown
      • May 23

wow cant wait to try this out. been waiting for an easy way to accomplish this.
      |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

mmmmmm for the newest version :) very nice now i need to get me a spj one made up

Comment

• wentzeric
          • Apr 22

Originally posted by D/\SH
          mmmmmm for the newest version :) very nice now i need to get me a spj one made up
          Can't wait to get this running....
          I'll start learning to make Backgrounds for this too!

LMK if anyone wants one
          sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by wentzeric
            Can't wait to get this running....
            I'll start learning to make Backgrounds for this too!

LMK if anyone wants one
            hahahah word when you get it figured out feel free to help with the requests fro mthe request thread for panaramic backgrounds that we already have : )

Comment

• djembefola
              • Feb 04

What if I have the touch pro and im running fuzeberry, do I have to flash back to stock before I can try this panoramic style?

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Originally posted by djembefola
                What if I have the touch pro and im running fuzeberry, do I have to flash back to stock before I can try this panoramic style?
                no this can be ran on any rom with the 2.1 manilla built into it..... right now for that i would recommend teh nrgz energy rom found in our rom section.... also they have this for touchflo3d2 also.. jsut search panoramic and you will find that thread too. with 3d2 you have many roms to choose from that have that built in.

Comment

• drdrewdown
                  • May 23

hey guys this has been updated a couple of times. here is the newest! also i want to include the hotfix for background moving up or down while sliding.

This is a panoramic mod for yozgatg's Gen.Y Manila 2.1 VGA port. Thanks go to yozgatg for his great port, NisseDILLIGAF and rotastrain for the panoramic mods they created, and Chainfire and 6Fg8 for their great development tools. This is based almost entirely on rotastrain's work, including being able to display the panoramic background while scrolling. I mainly got it to fit VGA correctly and changed the landscape panoramic view so that you can see the full wallpaper and it is not cut off. Many thanks to theboostman for removing lines in portrait mode and making the opaque white background appear in all menus.

21 August 2009 update to v2.0
                  -Compatible with all tab counts now
                  -Opaque background on all level 1 manila menus
                  -Again thanks to theboostman for these nice improvents!

Gen.Y pano-slide move down fix2.0.cab will move the image down if it moves higher while sliding. I do not know what causes this on some peoples phone, but the fix has worked for more than 1 person.

Known issues
                  -Some people are having the image move up/down while sliding across tabs. If this happens to use, please try the Gen.Y pano-slide move down fix.cab (do not uninstall VGA Gen.Y Panorama cab).
                  -Two thin vertical lines may appear on background in landscape mode
                  Attached Files

Comment

• bigmix81
                    • Apr 06

i allways seen people talk aboit it and now here it is ....great post

Comment

• drdrewdown
                      • May 23

Originally posted by bigmix81
                      i allways seen people talk aboit it and now here it is ....great post
                      everyone be sure to check out my youtube of this masterpiece app in action!

Code:
                      https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=170#watch

Comment

• drdrewdown
                        • May 23

hey guys new update to this, can you please add to OP.

31 August 2009 update to v2a
                        -Fixed right side of landscape image not aligning with end of screen
                        -Made 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods' compatible with all Manila 2.1 language packs (also updated in 'v2.0 with mods')
                        -Added Kamill's CompactHome Standard to 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods'.
                        _____-Now shows 3 appointments on homescreen, 4 when clock pushed up, and auto-hiding call history.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                          • Mar 27

Originally posted by drdrewdown
                          hey guys new update to this, can you please add to op.

31 august 2009 update to v2a
                          -fixed right side of landscape image not aligning with end of screen
                          -made 'vga gen.y 2.1 panorama with mods' compatible with all manila 2.1 language packs (also updated in 'v2.0 with mods')
                          -added kamill's compacthome standard to 'vga gen.y 2.1 panorama with mods'.
                          _____-now shows 3 appointments on homescreen, 4 when clock pushed up, and auto-hiding call history.
                          thanks for the update addet

grtz cyber weesje
                          administrator@spj
                          sigpic

Comment

• rjb9184
                            • Jan 05

Re: VGA]Panoramic Background for GenY Manila 21 31/08

im having problems with this one... im probably the only one but after i installed it everything is fine just my home screen is all wack... by wack means that the time is not working i dont have anything in the home screen... well i hope i can find the answer here thanks... i hope i dont have to hard reset...

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                              • Mar 27

Re: VGA]Panoramic Background for GenY Manila 21 31/08

Originally posted by rjb9184
                              im having problems with this one... im probably the only one but after i installed it everything is fine just my home screen is all wack... by wack means that the time is not working i dont have anything in the home screen... well i hope i can find the answer here thanks... i hope i dont have to hard reset...
                              Hi what rom are you on and you need TFD3 2.1 manilla to be able to install this

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                              ADMINISTRATOR@SPJ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...