• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

My Notification

Version 0.2.0 Released 8/5/09
    This update is the first in the steps to make the program ready for submission to the Official App Catalog. As such, it removes the "Advanced" option to set your messaging application sounds. Also, this version uses a new appID and will NOT overwrite the previous version which must be deleted with [orange]+Tap on the App Icon. If you would like to keep the option to change the messaging sound after installing the linux-access required patch, then keep the old version. New Icon created by Remix2000.

Updated to version 0.1.3 on 6/30/09
    New Advanced Options, Wall Paper Selection, Credits Page, and other text corrections

This application is the work of the many people who have spent time in #webos-internals (irc.freenode.org) and who have been updating pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki.

The application does the simple task of changing the sounds for notifications, calendar alerts and your ringtone. Additional functionality will be added as discovered. The complete source code is available at the #webos-internals gitorious site and we will work to update information on the wiki as well.

Be Advised. When the notification is triggered, it will play the entire sound and you can not stop it short. If you pick a 20 minute Phish & DMB Jam Session for your notification sound it will play all of it! Pick something short sweet and to the point. I've included my favorite sounds below.

The Notification Sound is played for all events such as new email, sms, charger connect, etc. The Alert sound is played for Calendar Events.

My Favorite Sounds:
    Right click and save as, then connect your Pre via USB Mode and Copy the files to the Ringtone Folder

Reviews:
    xberserker - www.slyspyder.com

This app will always be freely available and submitted to the app catalog when availble. The app in it's entirety is not available for distribution without consent.

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q. After I select my sound, nothing happens.
    A. After you select your desired tone, use the back gesture to return.

Q. Is it possible to have custom LED Notifications?
    A. Not at this time. Once an event is trigged by another application, there is no way to subscribe to that event and take further action (ie actiate the LEDs, or Repeat the Notification).

Q. Can there be seperate sounds for SMS/Email/Charger?
    A. Not without editing those other applications. There is a patch available for the messaging application, however this thread is not the place to ask for assistance with that patch.

Q. My volume settings don't seem right, what happened?
    A. This application does nothing to change volume settings, more then likely some other thing happend, check the volume settings in the Sounds and Alerts App and in the Messaging Application.

Q. When the notification sound is played it keeps going and I can't stop it. Why doens't the sound stop?
    A. The sound is played until it ends. If you pick a long song, be prepared to listen to all of it everytime the sound is triggered. It's a Palm thing and I can't change it. Just use a shorter sound.

Q. Where can I get awesome Ringtones?
    A. There are many awesome ringtone websites out there, check out Tonzr the developer of that site is a Palm Pre User as well.

Q. Where is the download link for the newest version (curr. 0.2.0)?
    A. It's in the new Homebrew Gallery accessible by clicking the Homebrew Apps link in the top navigation.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: My Notification

Below you will find the OLD 0.1.3 version. This version has the option to change the messaging sound after a linux-access required patch has been installed to the messaging application

i take no credit for this app nad the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/188729-my-notification.html
Working...