X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Get Starbucks

When I travel I'm always looking for a place to work before or after meetings. That place needs good, fresh coffee and fast wireless Internet access. A little food and some good music doesn't hurt either. Starbucks coffee shops are usually perfect for my needs so I wanted a one-click solution to finding the nearest Starbucks location.

This app takes advantage of the GPS in your Pre to get your current location and then display a map with the nearest Starbucks coffee shops.

(It's probably also the fastest way to get your latitude, longitude, altitude and location on a Google map.)

Download from here: Get Starbucks

You can specify a distance using a mileage slider: in a big city you want to specify 1-2 miles. In more remote areas you can search up to 20 miles (my personal limit for coffee, but I'm open to suggestions). The map will zoom to the appropriate scale for your search.

We currently use Google Maps to find the Starbucks locations. Unfortunately, their information seems to be a little out-of-date in the areas we have tested. We are trying to get a better database and hope to get an updated version out soon. But in the meantime, we want to get some feedback on the user interface, and your ideas for other types of locations we might add to the maps (are there other national chains we should add).

Change Log:

Ver. 0.3.1

• Updated distance slider graphic to make current setting more visible when finger is on the slider
    • Added "Horizontal Accuracy" information on main page below lat/long/altitude. If you are having trouble getting maps, or your place on the map is wrong please let me know the your real location and the horizontal accuracy number. You can easily report problems using the Contact page, from the app menu on the top left of the screen.
    • Improved GPS error reporting.
    • Increased time to get GPS fix to see if that improves accuracy.

Ver. 0.3.0

• First upload into Homebrew catalog.

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/197501-get-starbucks.html
    Last edited by D/\SH; August 15, 2009, 06:41 PM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Get Starbucks

updated with newest version.

Comment

• PsyChoTk
      • Jul 03

Dear poster:

Can you please upload a mirror to rapidshare for Windows Mobile 6.5???

j/k, figured I'd ask like the noobs. That and I just finished an Iced Venti Cinimimiminimin Dulce Latte.
      Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; August 15, 2009, 06:47 PM.
      Originally posted by D/\SH
      you psychotk :)

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by PsyChoTk
        Dear poster:

Can you please upload a mirror to rapidshare for Windows Mobile 6.5???

j/k, figured I'd ask like the noobs. That and I just finished an Iced Venti Cinimimiminimin Dulce Latte.
        hahahahahaha i still remember your coffee remarks over at the chatbox at smartmodz lmao..... got a il hyper in there from time to time and was it scrumdiddlyumptious?

Comment

• PsyChoTk
          • Jul 03

hahahahahaha i still remember your coffee remarks over at the chatbox at smartmodz lmao..... got a il hyper in there from time to time and was it scrumdiddlyumptious?
          why yes, yes it was. no whip creame thou, that makes it a fu fu drink.
          you psychotk :)

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by PsyChoTk
            why yes, yes it was. no whip creame thou, that makes it a fu fu drink.
            a fu fu drink hahahahaha lmao i love your lingo and these cats here thought my lingo was weird..... they all stole my word golden, and many more

Comment

Working...