X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

YahooyOS

Ok, so, here's the last launcher-type app that I was working on. Was working on this in conjunction with GoogyOS & WindyLive. This time this app is based off of an iPhone app that I never really got much work accomplished on for some reason. My inspiration for the WebOS version was to create a version of the Yahoo! Go! app, available for other phones, for the Palm Prē . . .

Yahoo! Go. The best Internet experience for your phone. Period.

So, I downloaded a .jar version of that app for the Nokia E17 (yay for switching the user agent in Safari) & found the urls that the app displays. They are slightly different than the normal ones used with Fallback Widget and contain some that you normally can't navigate to from that site. I've included all of the Yahoo-produced pages/gadgets/widgets things that I've found via the urls (there are tons of 3rd party ones on the gallery page: http://new.m.yahoo.com/w/gallery . Some widgets/gadgets were duplicates of the normally viewed yahoo pages so, they were not included. And there were some that wouldn't load unless you were running the actual Yahoo! Go! app.

so, without further adu, I present:

YahooyOS Version 1.0.8 - 8/10/09

Waiting for new version to be reviewed

Initial features:
    *Support for almost all Yahoo mobile web apps
    *Added support for Social Pulse
    *Added a donate link to the menu. Trying it out for now. Opinions/ideas of it are welcome
    *Switched urls for Flickr & Buzz. Thanks to girlie_mac on the precentral.net forums for the suggestion.

A couple of things to fix though:
    *Need to center icon titles

Future things I'm going to add:
    *help menu with topics to choose from

Very future things to add:
    *Move bookmarks around?
    *Move/reorder icons/buttons around
    *Add glossy look to the icons/backgrounds, move icons around, custom backgrounds

Feel free to post comments/ suggestions here or PM me.

Download the latest version (1.0.8) in the Homebrew section

Like the software that I'm developing? Feel free to donate

i take no credit for this application and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/197350-yahooyos.html
Working...