X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[App][19-Aug-2009] Back FavPeople Up - Backup Restore of HTC Favorite

Decided to release for public testing, as I have tested the backup and restore functions looks and everything looks okay to me. I have tested this including a hard reset, and my experience is the restore works perfectly well for me. But there might be scenarios that I have yet considered, so don't blame on the developer if you did not manage to recover your favorite contacts 100%

Screenshot and Cabs are attached. The version release information will be posted in the next post.
    Hi guys,

not sure if this has been done already, if so, please pardon this duplicate work. But I have tried to search the forums, and I couldn't find a solution thus this work of mine.

Basically, for flash junkies like me, I have to manually add the favorite contacts in the people tab, after each ROM Flash. I found a way to backup and restore this setting, but it needs to be done "programmatically". i.e. it's not a file or registr backup/restore, unless you want to archive the entire PIM database.

I need further testing, but so far it looks promising. Here's some screenshot for you.

Version 1.0 (Released on 3rd Aug 2009)
    • First public beta release
    • Requires .NET 3.5CF to be installed
    • Only supports backing and restoring of favorite contacts (and default call method) in TouchFlo's "People" tab
    • Sashimi user can place the executable file in the EXE folder and run.
    • Ringtone and other contacts backup/restore are not supported

14th Aug 09

A new version is released to add support for new manila 2.5. More information can be found in the release note.

5th Aug 09

Another minor release to provide the silent execution capability , i.e. the ability to execute the backup/restore process from command line. More information about the supported parameters can be found in the release note. This version comes with two sample shortcut files that can be found in the program folder.

4th Aug 09

Minor update to the first version. The only functionality added in this minor version is ringtone support. Also added some cosmetic to the folder browser. See release note for more information

3rd Aug 09

Decided to release for public testing, as I have tested the backup and restore functions looks and everything looks okay to me. I have tested this including a hard reset, and my experience is the restore works perfectly well for me. But there might be scenarios that I have yet considered, so don't blame on the developer if you did not manage to recover your favorite contacts 100%

Screenshot and Cabs are attached. The version release information will be posted in the next pos
    original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543605
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CYBER WEESJE; August 19, 2009, 06:11 AM.
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

Re: [App][19-Aug-2009] Back FavPeople Up - Backup Restore of HTC Favorite

bump bump new releas addet

grtz cyber weesje
    administrator@spj
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic

Comment

• COWHEAD
      MOY
      • Feb 28

Thanks! this app looks pretty good
      If you've been helped, hit the Thanks button.

Comment

• livinlifes2shor
        • Nov 30

any hope for an app like this with 6.5 titanium?

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by livinlifes2shor
          any hope for an app like this with 6.5 titanium?
          if a developer decided to make it than yes but at this time there isnt anything out for it..... you could bring it up over at xda and see if someone finds it a good idea to build off of ....

Comment

Working...