X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Simon v 0.5.04 7/30

For those too young to know what Simon is, its a very simple yet fun game where you just repeat the pattern. The board consists of 4 buttons and when you press them, they each make their own beep. You have to remember the pattern so it gets harder as the computer picks more moves. When you mess up, they all buzz and game over.

I have implemented all the drawing (html 5 baby!), highlighting, sounds, patterns, etc. It is fully playable. However, I have noticed there are times where (when sound is enabled) that it will "trip over itself". I am hoping that this is something where I am implementing it incorrectly vs webos just being bad handling audio. But I have done a bit of optimization and I am not sure what I can do to make it better.

Anyways, dont let that stand in your way of having fun. If anyone feels like hopping into the code (via 7zip) and taking a look at how im handling the audio to see if im doing something wrong, feel free.

I do plan on changing some stuff around though. Also I havent been able to find anything that stops the screen from scrolling. If anyone wants to give me the heads up, thanks in advance .

Enjoy!

ps
    if you find the sound annoying,you can disable the sound from the app menu.

i take no credit for this game and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/195916-simon-v-0-5-04-7-30-game.html
    Attached Files
Working...