X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

GolfPinFinder - Golf GPS app

GolfPinFinder is a golf gps range finder for webOS. It uses the existing course data provided by BBGPSGOLF, a free golf gps application for Blackberry users. Within the app, you can search for existing courses by name or you can find courses near you within a 20 mile radius. Currently, adding new courses can be done at the BBGPSGOLF website AND via the GolfPinFinder app!

Current version: 0.9.2

The updated version includes multi-player scoring, saving rounds, shot marking, improved UI, preferences for GPS on/off with screen turned off, and a host of other improvements. Thanks to all for the great feedback so far.

Download the latest version from the Palm App Catalog.

The app includes points for the front, center and back of the green, tee box, hole hint and up to 5 additional points with descriptions.

Licensing conditions: This application is available for free, but cannot be redistributed, and the source code is not open source. This app will expire on 9/14/09 and will hopefully be available in the App catalog.

To play:

1. Load app onto your phone
    2. Launch the app and search for you course (by name or near you)
    3. Click on the desired course and course data will be loaded over the air and begin playing. Please make sure you are in a spot that has network coverage and a gps signal.
    4. When the screen is on, the gps tracks your position and updates the yardages. If you turn the screen off, gps tracking will resume after you turn on the screen and begin updating yardages once again.
    5. In my experiences, the gps signal takes a bit to "settle" - make sure to wait long enough for accurate gps readings

A special thanks goes out to the developer at BBGPSGOLF for allowing me access to the course data and for customizing the API to better suit my webOS needs!

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/195861-golfpinfinder-golf-gps-app-v0-2-35-v0-2-31-7-30-09-a.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; October 03, 2009, 11:52 PM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: GolfPinFinder - Golf GPS app

updated with newest version

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: GolfPinFinder - Golf GPS app

updated with the newest version.

Comment