X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Magic 8 Ball v0.2.1 [was v0.2.0] (7/30)

This is a simple little app I made as a learning experience to get a better feeling for the SDK. Not much to explain, works just like a real Magic 8 Ball. Works with shaking and tapping the screen, although you will need WebOS 1.1 for the shake to work. Just for fun I added a few extra messages.

I had a little trouble with the "shakestart" event. I couldn't get it to kick off, so I did a work-around with "shaking"... seems to work fine, but I wouldn't mind knowing what I was doing wrong.

Anyway, I have already used this app to answer some pressing questions for today. Have fun!

v0.2.0 Made the image and messages a little bigger to make them more readable. Added 10 more messages. Added some sounds, and vibrate.

v0.2.1 Now doing proper clean-up of the events listeners. Changed the vibrate so it only goes off once. Changed the way the tap works so you only have to tap once to have the current message go away and a new one come up.

(This application is licensed under the GPL)

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/194675-magic-8-ball-v0-2-1-v0-2-0-7-30-a.html
    Attached Files
Working...