dg Quick Cut - Shortcut App 1.0.1 (7/30)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

dg Quick Cut - Shortcut App 1.0.1 (7/30)

dg Quick Cut 1.0.1
    Added a restart shortcut, exclusive to v1.0.1 and above.
    Added news.
    Fixed number format for number entries such as phone numbers.
    Sorry for not getting the big stuff in this release, it's coming I promise.

dg Quick Cut 1.0.0
    Creates new shortcuts in the launcher for a few extra functions such as:
    Instantly dialing a phone number
    Jumping straight to the new contact dialog, to avoid having to open up the contacts app and click new
    Directions to certain locations

It's been developed in a way, where it includes a small list of shortcuts with the app, but on start, it pulls a new list from the web. This way I can update shortcuts as they come in, without requiring people to redownload the app.

Also allows copying of existing shortcuts, so universal search can be even more universal. Can't remember if the photo app is named gallery, photos, or pictures? Simply copy the default shortcut and put all 3 names.

It requires the com.palm.app naming convention in order to access the list of current shortcuts. This does not affect where the app installs or whether it can be uninstalled.

If you would like to help come up with new shortcuts. You can look through the source code of the pre-installed apps, specifically the app-assistant.js files. In there you should be able to find launch parameters for that app. Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Please report any bugs that you find to:
    quickcutwebos@mikedg.com

Licensing Conditions:
    This application is available for free, but can not be redistributed without permission (use email link above), and the source code is not open source.

Bugs
    Already getting some constructive comments. Thanks guys.
    To be fixed, clarify contact name setting, force numbers for number fields.
    I'd love to hear suggestions.

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/195654-dg-quick-cut-shortcut-app-1-0-1-7-30-a.html
    Attached Files
Working...