• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

My Notification" v 1.0.3(6/30)

Announcement (7/22/09):
    Ok I have a small project for my avid My Notification fans. I need websites that list either sounds, ringtones, or wallpapers that are easily browsable via the Palm Browser

Updated to version 0.1.3 on 6/30/09
    New Advanced Options, Wall Paper Selection, Credits Page, and other text corrections

This application is the work of the many people who have spent time in #webos-internals (irc.freenode.org) and who have been updating pre dev wiki: Welcome to the Pre/webOS Development Wiki.

The application does the simple task of changing the sounds for notifications, calendar alerts and your ringtone. Additional functionality will be added as discovered. The complete source code is available at the #webos-internals gitorious site and we will work to update information on the wiki as well.

Be Advised. When the notification is triggered, it will play the entire sound and you can not stop it short. If you pick a 20 minute Phish & DMB Jam Session for your notification sound it will play all of it! Pick something short sweet and to the point. I've included my favorite sounds below.

The Notification Sound is played for all events such as new email, sms, charger connect, etc.The Alert sound is played for Calendar Events

To install the app:
    Follow the Directions at either Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals or the post at the top of the HomeBrew Section.

Additionally, if you want to see the source code, get the .zip and you can explore everything.

My Favorite Sounds:
    Right click and save as, then connect your Pre via USB Mode and Copy the files to the Ringtone Folder

message.wav (from Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail: Arrow hitting target followed by "Message for you sir"")

arrow.wav
    Just the sound of an arrow hitting the target

NO Longer needed with "reset defaults" option, but you can also download the original alert and notification sounds.

Original Palm OS Treo Ringtones: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1667416
    Black Berry Alert Sounds: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1774253

Please leave your comments for future development and we will get to it as soon as possible.

Special thanks to everyone in #webos-internals. and specifically simplyflipflops, JackieRipper, and EvanDotPro for helping me get this together.

Reviews:
    xberserker - www.slyspyder.com

To Palm:
    If I need to take this down or remove any components due to similarity or use of features from your other settings I will without hesitation.

Donations:
    I've had a few people ask how they could donate to this program. I'm not looking for anything in return for my tinkering but if you would like to share the wealth please check out The Children's Hospital in Denver, CO (www.thechildrenshospital.org - Donate Online) I have been blessed with a health 6-month old boy, but have had a few friends who have spent time with their little ones at this hospital. They do great work and can always use some help.

Edit: Changing the IPK file to correct issues with FileCoaster Install at time of change previous ipk had 3320 views!!! (7/25/09)

This app will always be freely available and submitted to the app catalog when availble. The app is not available for distribution without consent.

Current things I will try and add:
    • DONE 6/26/09 - A button to restore default sounds
    • Seperate sounds for different notifications - somewhat done with rooting
    • DONE 6/29/09 - Wall Paper selection
    • LED Alerts
    • Custom Vibrate Settings
    • Day and Night Silence Options

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/188729-my-notification-v-1-0-3-6-30-a.html
    Attached Files
Working...