X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

TorPredo v0.2.0 (8/3)

I am currently developing an application that takes a category and a string for a search, and gets the resulting rss feed from mininova in that category, sorted by seeds. This much is done...not too bad (see pics).

From there I can easily download the torrent file. My short-term plan is
    1. to be able to inject that torrent into the Transmission web interface, and then switch into a webview to manage your host downloads
    2. to also be able to connect to the torrelay service (I just requested their api today) so that you can download an album or something directly to your phone.

...down the road
    3. add more search sites
    4. be able to see comments (shouldn't be hard at all with webview)

If there is a desire for the source code so far, I'll post it soon. Otherwise if you have any suggestions or want to help, let me know. Thanks

...and I definitely need a new name.

Version 0.1.0
    This version is able to search Mininova in different categories, and add that torrent to the Transmission web interface. It saves your ip address and port for you. Unfortunately, for me at least, the iphone web interface that Transmission defaults to doesn't work on the pre, so I had to download the Transmission source code and modify a line. Here goes...

The package is attached below. When you hit search, sometimes it takes a little bit, so be patient, the next scene will come. When you then click on a result, it takes you to the Transmission web interface. Click open, and then when you click in the text field, your torrent link will automatically be inserted for you. Click ok and you are good to go.

To fix the web interface...

1. Download the latest Transmission source here, and extract.

2. Go to transmission-1.73/web/, and open up index.html. Change line 12 to
    Code:
    <link media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="./stylesheets/common.css" type= "text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
    ...all we did here was link the normal css file instead of the iphone one.

3. Learn how to build it here. Not hard.

I would love to have someone help me avoid this...I am sure it can't be too hard. I have already tried using the virtual page size options on the webview widget, and they didn't work for me.

Let me know of suggestions and bugs. Thanks especially to the Habla app by taalibeen and for providing the source code for the RSS reader.

Version 0.2.0
    Added the ability to download the torrent file to a location of your choosing. Now when you click on a result, you have the option to either send it to the Transmission web interface, or to download the torrent file so that rTorrent can find it and download the torrent for you directly on your phone. rTorrent has been confirmed to work on the pre, and you can set it to watch folders for torrent files, and to download those files to whatever folder you want, so we finally have true torrent downloading on the pre. Unfortunately, rooting is required, and there is no monitoring the torrent currently. You just have to trust that it is downloading basically.

Set up rTorrent on the Pre

This app is still very much in development.

Thanks to xImtc for the name suggestion.

Oh and I also fixed the icon being 6 times bigger than anyone else's. Truthfully I'm a little disappointed, it made my app stand out haha.

I had to rename the app to use palm's services, so you need to uninstall the previous version.

As requested...
    Donate

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/194243-pretorrent-v0-1-0-7-27-a.html
    Attached Files
Working...