X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

fileCoaster - First On Pre GUI Downloader/Installer

I have created the first Palm Pre GUI downloader/installer that does not require ROOT access. First all you need to do is install the .ipk with the SDK and from then for now (until we get the public repository up) you
    1. Login to the homebrew forums from your pre
    2. Select the application you want and copy the download link from the textbox on the forums
    3. Paste the URL into the application.
    4. Click download.
    5. After the download is complete it will begin the install process if the file is an .ipk

You can also download any other file you want on the net including mp3's.

The files get stored into /media/internal/downloads and after you install the IPK it gets deleted to save space.

This was built using palms libraries however I had to trick the services into thinking this is a palm app by changing the appId so that we could use their services.

This application is AS IS and is only intended to be used to download beta applications from precentral.net. This is not an app catalog and you should use Palms App Catalog to sell your applications.

This is for application testing only. The license and copyright information can be found Creative Commons Legal Code and Friendly Version.

Precentral and I are in the works of creating a feed from the application database to make this much easier than having to type in the url but like I said, it is still in the works!

I would like to thank Precentral.net for working with me to get this application launched and modify their site to fit the communities needs.

Thanks to Dieter for the icon and images!

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/194825-filecoaster-first-pre-gui-downloader-installer.html
    Attached Files
Working...