• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

DevMode Launcher

Updated 7/19/09: Current Version: 0.2.0

I know the Konami Code appeals to my inner nerd, but a simple button appeals to my laziness more. I have built this app for everyone else out there that would rather not type in the code every time.

DevMode Launcher is a very simple app.

Launch the app and click the button.
    The app will launch the developer mode switcher app so one can enable or disable developers mode.
    Update 7/19/09:
    This app does not actually type in the code. It uses javascript to call the dev mode app. The reason for the button saying "enter the code" is because I wanted to keep the code part of the app because I think it adds a lot of spirit to the phone and doesn't completely bypass the intentions the WebOS developers had with the entering of the code. The code is a fun aspect of the phone and I would hate to see it completely removed.

Update 7/19/09: Have not tested other install methods. Below is the method I use for installing apps:
    Rooting is not required to install this app.
    1.) Install the Palm WebOS SDK.
    2.) Enable developers mode on your Pre.
    3.) Plug Pre into computer.
    4.) Run the following command:
    Code:
    palm-install -d usb com.cstucker.devmodelauncher_0.2.0_all.ipk
    If you find any bugs, or have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

To-Do List for Future releases:
    I plan on adding a simple animation that displays the Konami code step by step after you press the button. Beyond that I think the app is pretty much completed.

Updates from Version 0.1.1 to 0.2.0:
    1) Added a "Bypass Button Press" toggle switch. When toggled on the app will automatically launch the dev mode switcher without requiring the user to press the button. App continues running in the background.

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/193470-devmode-launcher-v0-2-0-0-1-1-7-19-a.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; August 10, 2009, 03:32 AM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: DevMode Launcher

updated with newest version

Comment

Working...