X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

PREtracker

PreTracker is a program that uses the gps to track your position during a run, hike, bike, or drive. It uses your GPS coordinates and creates statistics for you. It is currently in development, but I wanted to get it out to the public for testing and feedback. I recommend using a gps fix versus a cell tower fix for accuracy.[/SIZE]

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: PREtracker

Bulletin Board:
    •I would love to pair up with someone on the forum that has graphic experience so that I can make this a first-class app. please PM me is you're interested.
    • I am having troubles keeping the gps running when the screen times out. How do I A)keep GPS going with screen off or B) keep screen on?
    • Math wizzes out there could help me with formulas. I wanna try to do a faux compass that would allow you to set a location ( i.e where you parked your car) and could redirect you back to the location. It would have to make the assumption that you are holding your pre in the direction you are walking and would have to use the last two points to figure out what direction you are moving.
    • I could use some help with the Google Maps api so I can figure out how to overlay a the path the person has just run.

UPDATE: PREtracker0.5 available below
    changes:
    1. Pause and Reset buttons added (they should work in this version)
    2. App finds satellites then waits for you to click the start button to begin timing.
    3. bug fixes

UPDATE: PREtracker0.4 available below
    changes:
    1. Distance is only added when speed is above .75 mph (same goes for pace calculations
    2. Average speed added. However, this is calculated off the distance and the current speed is a number obtained from the gps. Because of this these to values won't necessarily correspond. If they do that is a GOOD SIGN. To BE FIXED

UPDATE: PREtracker0.3 available below
    changes:
    1. Distance addition (I changed the code around a little but not sure if it is actually fixed, please report back)
    2. Big clock, pace, and speed
    3. removed loading bar to save space
    4. Bug fixes

UPDATE: PREtracker0.2 available below
    Fixes:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by intron
    However - what seems to be happening is that when you hit the button to show 'statistics', whatever comes up that first instant is what stays. So, walking in my yard it showed 1.68mph and then never changed. Driving in my car it showed 62mph and never changed. The only way I can get new data is to close the card and open it again.
    updating location/speed/etc issue FIXED

It is not final yet, but I would like to get some usage and performance feedback. I hope to release this in the app catalog at some point(it will be free)

can't wait for feeback...

Some questions I have...
    How do I A)keep GPS going with screen off or B) keep screen on?
    How do require a GPS fix and not just cell tower?
    Are the numbers for speed,distance travelled, altide, etc accurate?
    How does it work after running for awhile?
    Any feature requests?
    Any app name suggestions?
    Any other comments?

KNOWN ERRORS:
    Stop button doesn't actually stop tracking
    GPS stops on screen timeout

todo:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EBPMAN
    I have some suggested enhancements.

1. Ability to set a lap. For example, it could be set to one mile. So when the lap is reached provide audio feedback in the form of a message such as "Mile Reached" It would be even better to allow the user to add any sound of their choice.
    2. Save the runs to a log for future reference. Allow the saved runs to be mapped to google maps
    3. Ability to set a virtual partner. Set a pace and track how your pace is in comparison to your partner.
    4. Ability to view your path on stored map. Once you have completed a run and stored it on the device, give the user the ability to bring up the last run. With that a map of the run. This would be displayed on the device and show exactly where you are and how much is left of your run.
    5. Dim the screen during the run. Screen would come back one the screen is tapped
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pimp Lucious

6. I would give the option to disable the accelerometer screen orientation.
    7. I would like to see the pace and distance traveled on the screen even when statistics are hid.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hotrock85

8. make it customizable. I rather have the speed and pace on top and leave coordinates along with the tracking and stop buttons at the bottom. and also what stats are visible. I really am not concerned about seeing the accuraccy and how many times refreshed on the home screen
    9. PREtracker 0.4.0, formerly PRErun 0.3(7/19)

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/193514-pretracker-0-5-0-v0-4-7-23-a.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; August 10, 2009, 03:22 AM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: PREtracker

updated with newest version

Comment

Working...