X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

BADD Flashlight [v.0.2.0, was v.0.1.2][NRR]

Pregame's My Flashlight is a cool use of the Pre's built-in LED flash. But it requires that you root your Pre not only to install, but for it to even function. So while BADD Flashlight has about ZERO coolness factor, it will work on any unmodified, stock Pre, even yours.

Not all is lame, however, BADD Flashlight has a feature that LED-based phone flashlights do not and can not have: A Red-Light Night Vision mode. Astronomy enthusiasts, among others, use red-light flashlights to protect their dark-adjusted eyes.

I've also uploaded a solid red background to temporarily swap out your wallpaper with. This is just a little extra protection for when your device wakes up after nodding off.

Now that BADD Flashlight has its Mojo working and is a proper webOS app I need it to look the part. After that's done, I'll consider adding SOS and other functionality that was ... suggested.

NOTE
    Version 0.2's menu function and About dialog are too bright and may interfere with your night vision. Considering your usage, you may want to stick with version 0.1.2 until I darken the dialogs.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    If you are upgrading from version 0.1, you must manually delete it. The updated app ID prevents newer versions from overwriting the 0.1 version. All other versions will upgrade properly.

This app is not signed and will have to be installed via the Dev Mode/SDK install method. THIS GUIDE can help you install the SDK and show you how to install the app.

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/190950-badd-flashlight-v-0-2-0-v-0-1-2-nrr.html
    Attached Files
Working...