XboxLive Friends v0.5.1 [was v0.5.0](7/22)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

XboxLive Friends v0.5.1 [was v0.5.0](7/22)

XboxLive Friends v0.5.0:
    Gives you a quick and convenient way to check if your friends are online and what they're doing. All wrapped up in a sexy package.

Features:
    • Friends List showing who is online and what they're doing.
    • Friend View with expanded information about each friend.
    • Updates friend status in the background every 5 minutes.

XboxLive Friends v0.5.1: [7/22/09]
    This update is just a few bug fixes. One that was stopping you from removing gamertags. And another that would have cropped up and made the app completely unusable once webOs1.1 was released. (I highly suggest you update for this reason alone.)

I've decided to rewrite this app and design it better. When I initially wrote it, it was my first attempt at a webOs app, and as such isn't put together terribly well. So I decided to toss out this quick bug fix release before I begin on the rewrite.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
    Q - Does it log in with my xbox live account and download my friends list?
    A - No. And it will never support logging into live.

Q - Do I have to type every gamertag I wish to track?
    A - Yes.

Q - How about achievement details?
    A - Microsoft's API doesn't give out achievement details. So there is no way for me to get it into the app.

Q - The server is down?
    A - This happens sometimes. The app goes through my less-than-stellar server, and it's prone to connection problems. If you would like to donate some better hardware, Send me a PM.

Q - It goes through your server?
    A - See this post for more information: http://forums.precentral.net/1738855-post80.html

Q - How about a PS3 Version?
    A - I have no interest to create PS3 friends app. But I'm sure someone will create one eventually.

Donations:
    Some of you have requested a way to donate. And who am I to object?
    You can donate through paypal by clicking this link: Donate.

Licensing Conditions:
    This application is available for free, and can be openly redistributed, but the source code is not open source.

i take no credit for this app and the original thread can be found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/190806-xboxlive-friends-v0-5-1-v0-5-0-7-22-a.html
    Attached Files
Working...