• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Dot Game

Dot Game v1.0.0:
    A WebOs version of the old paper & pencil game where you try to create the most boxes, one line at a time, while trying not to let your opponent create a box. It's a 2 player game. You hand the pre back and forth after each turn.

Dot Game v1.5.0: [7/7/09]
    Lots of new features in this update.
    • Added 3 game board sizes: normal, large, and huge. (boards larger then the screen require a side-to-side swipe to see the rest of it.)
    • Added a computer player with 3 difficulties: easy, medium, and hard.
    • Added a white outline to the last line placed (useful for large games where you can't see where your human opponent or ai went last.)
    • Changed the "Game Over" dialog to allow you to return to the main settings page, or to simply reset the board for the next game

The computer ai player is actually pretty good. I only managed to beat it a hand full of times during my play testing. But it can be pretty slow in selecting a good line to place sometimes. So I added an overlay to slightly shade the screen while its thinking. Be sure to look for the line with a white outline to see its last move, it may have give you a square.

* Note: The larger the board and the harder the ai the longer it will take for it to select a move. Try a smaller board. *

Dot Game v1.5.2: [7/13/09]
    This update is just a few requested features.
    • Made the launcher icon larger.
    • Added saving of the game options.
    • Added a resize handler to move the game board up a bit when the notification bar is present.
    • Added the option to require players to complete boxes. This will stop the "double-cross" strategy and make a game between a novice and an expert more evenly matched.
    • Added the ability to reset the game from the app menu.

Dot Game v1.6.0: [7/22/09]
    This release is a few fixes and a change to the hard AI.
    • Fixed the difficulty with hitting the top lines with notifications on the screen.
    • Fixed some bugs that would have cropped up once palm pushed out webOs 1.1 (mostly style concerns.)
    • Changed the way the hard AI runs the end game function in an attempt to make it more efficient and playable on the larger boards. In testing it was deciding moves within a minute. (Which is a great improvement.)

Dot Game v1.6.1: [9/12/09]
    This release is basically what I've submitted to palm under the version of 0.9.0 (still waiting on a reply, when it goes live, you should remove this copy and download the one from palms catalog.) Not much has changed gameplay-wise. But it does have 2 sexy new themes, crayon and clockwork.

Let me know what you think of the new version! :D

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
    Q - How does the AI work?
    A - See this post for more information: http://forums.precentral.net/1743776-post51.html

Donations:
    Some of you have requested a way to donate. And who am I to object?
    You can donate through paypal by clicking this link: Donate.

originally found here:
    Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/190937-dot-game.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; September 19, 2009, 11:00 AM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Dot Game

updated with newest version

Comment

Working...