MS3 Config v0.15 MORE BACKGROUNDS AND LESS BUGS!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

MS3 Config v0.15 MORE BACKGROUNDS AND LESS BUGS!!!

Spb Mobile Shell 3 Background Changer (MS3Config v0.15)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a small application I am developing that I hope will evolve into a full-fledged skin editor for Spb Mobile Shell 3. At the moment it only has the ability to change panel backgrounds (among some other helpful tool options), but it has a decent GUI and is unique in that it does not overwrite any changes that have previously been made to your copy of MS3 by other skins or widget packs... I have a long way to go but take a look at the features in the changes list and the planned features below it... Please give as much feedback as possible, good or bad, and don't hesitate to make suggestions... This is my attempt at giving back to the community, please enjoy it ...

6/22/9 - Changes (v0.15):
    -- 1. Scrolling bug fixed.
    -- 2. Added two more slots to the Images panel.
    -- 3. Now includes original artwork by volDeus and MoonCat.
    -- 4. Images are now more evenly distributed throughout available panels.
    -- 5. All images are now converted to optimal format for MS3 performance and low memory use.
    -- 6. Added "Global Background" image slot and panel option.
    -- 7. Added standard panels; Contact - Select Picture, FaceBook Contact Selector, FaceBook Picture Selector, FaceBook Sign-In, Spb Menu Items.
    -- 8. Replaced "Restart MS3" menu item with expanding menu including; Status, Stop, Start, Restart.
    -- 9. Added "Select All" and "Select None" buttons to the "Panels" tab.
    -- 10. Removed "Vertical Slide" image slots and changed corresponding panels to full-screen, fixed backgrounds.
    -- 11. Added link to home forum thread in about page.
    -- 12. Other minor bugfixes.

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.14):
    -- 1. Image format support added; Jpeg, GIF, PNG
    -- 2. Bugfixes.

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.13):
    -- 1. Bugfixes.

6/8/9 - Changes (v0.12):
    -- 1. Added settings file "MS3C.xml" to installation folder ... Directory paths that MS3Config will use can be set here..
    -- 2. New image browser.

6/7/9 - Changes (v0.11):
    -- 1. Added panels; Panel Carousel, Panel Carousel (accelerated), Contact - Edit Picture, Favorite Contacts.

6/6/9 - Changes (v0.10):
    -- 1. Full parsing of MS3's XML files to prevent problems with other Spb Mobile Shell 3 add-ons and mods.
    -- 2. Backup and Restore options.
    -- 3. Ability to choose which panels will be modified.
    -- 4. Ability to undo changes simply by disabling the panel that was changed.
    -- 5. Image browser shows the current images as thumbnails and allows choosing a different file or opening the file in your associated image editor.
    -- 6. Checking for redundant packing and unpacking now makes applying small changes much faster than in ALPHA.
    -- 7. Ability to quickly restart Spb Mobile Shell 3 to view your changes.
    -- 8. Progress is indicated wherever possible.

Planned Changes:
    -- 1. Ability to add more images to the "Images" tab.
    -- 2. Ability to choose which image is applied to each panel individually.
    -- 3. More panels available to modify.
    -- 4. Ability to resize images and alter bounding rectangles to control behaviour during kinetic scrolling and panning. (Especially with long panels like the Launcher and Spb Start Menu)
    -- 5. Ability to Import/Export skin settings for moving to another device.
    -- 6. Error checking and logging so that I can respond to bugs that people with other devices might find.
    -- 7. Incorporate common tricks and tweaks available from the community for for easy installation/removal .. and the ability to combine tricks and mods that otherwise might over-write each other.
    -- 8. Detect and save changes made by other mods, skins, or widget packs so that they can be combined with each other and with the content already available in MS3Config.

PLEASE USE THE File>Backup OPTION TO BACKUP FILES THAT WILL BE MODIFIED BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES... I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, INCONVIENIENCE TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE, OR ANNOYANCE TO YOUR GEEKING/TWEEKING EXPERIENCE...

------------- Instructions: -------------

( If you are upgrading to version 0.15 from a previous version, please follow these steps, otherwise skip to step 5)
    -- 1. Disable all panels and apply changes.
    -- 2. Uninstall previous version of "MS3 Config".
    -- 3. Delete the "MS3Config" installation folder from your device.
    -- 4. Delete the file "MS3Config.dat" from your "Spb Mobile Shell" installation folder.

-- 5. Install the .CAB file at the end of this post.
    -- 6. Run the application."MS3Config" and read the "About" tab.
    -- 7. Click on the "Panels" tab and wait for it to load.
    -- 8. Check each panel you want to change the background of.

( If you want to use the default images for now, skip to step 11 )
    -- 9. Click on the "Images" tab and wait for it to load.
    -- 10. Tap and hold the image you want to modify and choose "Browse" to open the file picker and replace that image with another - or - "Edit" to open the image in your associated image editor. (I use Pocket Artist)

-- 11. When you are finished changing your backgrounds, Open the "File" menu and click "Apply changes".
    -- 12. Wait for the progress form to close.
    -- 13. Open the "File" menu and the "MS3" sub-menu .. then click "Restart". Wait for MS3 to restart and admire your changes.

Requirements:
    Only tested on my Touch Pro and Mogul so far, both are running custom WM6.5 ROMs ... but requirements should be ...
    -- 1. WM6 or higher...
    -- 2. .NET CF 3.5 Runtimes installed...
    -- 3. Spb Mobile Shell 3 installed.

[Notes:
    -- 1. The "Global Background" will permanently overwrite any other global background that may have been installed by a custom theme or skin (eg. mtstmp's Titanium theme).
    -- 2. I welcome bug reports.
    -- 3. Any changes to a standard background can be undone by simply un-checking the corresponding panel in the "Panels" tab.
    -- 4. There is a Backup/Restore option built in .. Use it.
    -- 5. If your device is set to a language other than English and your default application installation folder is not "\Program Files\" ... Open the "MS3C.xml" file in a text editor and change the line that refers to the installation folder of Spb Mobile Shell.

Good luck ... If you find it useful, please use the button ...

The "About" tab.
    General information about MS3Config.

The "Panels" tab.
    Use this tab to choose which MS3 panels you want to change the background of.

The "Images" tab.
    Use this tab to view and change the images that will be used for backgrounds.

The Professional Panel with the included background applied.

The Tiled Panel View with included backgrounds applied.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; June 23, 2009, 11:39 AM.
  • CYBER WEESJE
    • Mar 27

Re: MS3 Config v014 Jpeg GIF and PNG SUPPORT ADDED

He bro fery nice find maybey i tested it out if get pointui bored lol

grtz cyber weesje
    moderator@spj
    video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
    NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
    TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
    sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: MS3 Config v014 Jpeg GIF and PNG SUPPORT ADDED

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
      He bro fery nice find maybey i tested it out if get pointui bored lol

grtz cyber weesje
      moderator@spj
      oh yeah this should allow for many new themes and looks to be created by people.

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Re: MS3 Config v0.15 MORE BACKGROUNDS AND LESS BUGS!!!

updated first post with the newest version.... and be sure to hit thanks and installed if you like since many have downloaded but none have clicked installed

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
          • Mar 27

Re: MS3 Config v015 MORE BACKGROUNDS AND LESS BUGS

Originally posted by D/\SH
          updated first post with the newest version.... and be sure to hit thanks and installed if you like since many have downloaded but none have clicked installed
          nice update very tempting i hit that install button for you

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
          MODERATOR@SPJ
          video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
          NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
          LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
          TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
          sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Re: MS3 Config v015 MORE BACKGROUNDS AND LESS BUGS

Originally posted by CYBER WEESJE
            nice update very tempting i hit that install button for you

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
            MODERATOR@SPJ
            thanks weesje and yes it is even though im using titanium right now..... i might have to go back to mobile shell for at least a trial so i can check this out :) not sure if i want to wait for one more update or not sicne he is putting them out pretty steadily.

Comment

Working...