Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

[UPDATES] HTC Touch Diamond™ (Sprint) Maintenance Release – Version 2.00.651.7

Release Date: 2009-04-03

Sprint Customer ONLY !!!!

The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your Touch Diamondâ„¢

Installation Instructions:

Why update the ROM on your device?

The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your Touch Diamondâ„¢:
    Provides enhancements to the HTC dialer application
    Resolves an issue where the “Internal Storage” drive may not be recognized by the device
    Includes minor enhancements for Sprint TV and Opera Browser
    Resolves an issue with time not updating correctly after daylight savings time adjustment
    Includes a variety of minor bug fixes

Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:

If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try the following on your device: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC and de-select “enable faster data synchronization. “
    The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer. Click here to view instructions on how to do this. If using a laptop, make sure your laptop is plugged into a power source.
    All running applications on the computer have been closed.
    Ensure that your device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start>Settings>System Tab>Power>Battery tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
    The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
    All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc). Be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) prior to upgrading. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
    Do Not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update

1. Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) if you want to ensure you dont lose any of your data. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.
    2. On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. Click here to view detailed instructions on installing the ROM update.
    3. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista). (Optional) Click here to view detailed instructions on restoring your data using ActiveSync.
    WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!

Having trouble installing your ROM update? View the Troubleshooting Guide to find out how to recover from errors and get common installation questions answered.
    WARNING: Users should not attempt to load an older version of Touch Diamondâ„¢ software after loading version 2.00.651.7. Please delete any earlier versions of the Touch Diamondâ„¢ software you may have downloaded previously to your PC.

If you misplaced the CD that came with your device, use the links below to download any software you need to synchronize your device with your computer.

ActiveSync (for Windows XP users)
    Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/activesync45.mspx
    Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista Users)

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx
    Microsoft Outlook Trial Version (for Windows XP and Vista users)

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/outlooktrial.mspx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; April 22, 2009, 03:35 PM.

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • gmcdowell
    • Apr 04

Re: HTC Touch Diamond™ (Sprint) Maintenance Release – Version 2006517

For some reason Activesync keeps shutting down on me when trying to update and I have to exit update. Any ideas?

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by gmcdowell
      For some reason Activesync keeps shutting down on me when trying to update and I have to exit update. Any ideas?
      did you have oyur phone unlocked and than forgot to relock before flashing to this? is it saying you must close or is it just doing it?

Comment

• puertoblack2003
        OG Member
        • Nov 08

did it provide with an error code?

SPJ Bulletin @
        forum.smartphonejunkie.org
        Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• gmcdowell
          • Apr 04

Originally posted by D/\SH
          did you have oyur phone unlocked and than forgot to relock before flashing to this? is it saying you must close or is it just doing it?
          Phone is not unlocked. Im running Sprint ROM. Do I need to unlock to update? Puerto - I sometimes get Invalid Model but I have touch pro. Maybe I'll just wait till May 11th when it comes out from Sprint.

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Phone is not unlocked. Im running Sprint ROM. Do I need to unlock to update? Puerto - I sometimes get Invalid Model but I have touch pro. Maybe I'll just wait till May 11th when it comes out from Sprint.
            you cant flash this to your pro thats why it is a diamond rom and it will not work...... you can damage your device beyond repair if you try to flash a rom from a different device than you have..... be careful

Comment

• gmcdowell
              • Apr 04

Originally posted by D/\SH
              you cant flash this to your pro thats why it is a diamond rom and it will not work...... you can damage your device beyond repair if you try to flash a rom from a different device than you have..... be careful
              Dash, thanks... I "assumed" it was for the Pro..I'll just wait for Sprint's upgrade then on the 11th.

--------- New Post Merged on 3/5/2009 at 0104 --------

Dash, thanks... I "assumed" it was for the Pro..I'll just wait for Sprint's upgrade then on the 11th.
              I was also wondering why it would only be for Diamond. I guess there are more differences from Diamond and Diamond Pro than just the Storage card and Qwerty Key board.
              Dash, also wondering if there is some sort of auto-biography section here for you and other Sr. members,Administrators etc... I think people want to know how you and others got to where you're at with knowledge of this stuff and how they can follow in footsteps. Just an idea... Just an idea. Thanks bro...
              Last edited by gmcdowell; May 03, 2009, 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...