Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott8813
    InsomniAddict
    • Feb 07

[RELEASE] PdaNet v140/141- Use your iPhone as a wireless router for your PC or Mac

PdaNet ver 1.40/1.41 - Use your iPhone as a wireless router for your PC and Mac

PdaNet has been one of the most popular software for Windows Mobile phones and Palm OS phones. It is now ported to the iPhone! The latest version turns your iPhone into a true WiFi router for your computer (MAC or PC), and allows your laptop to go online wirelessly through the 3G network on the iPhone.

While there has been quite a few other third party software (iPhoneModem, NetShare etc. and also the built-in OpenSSH) that tether your iPhone through a junky SOCKS proxy solution. PdaNet, on the other hand, is miles ahead! This version is called "PdaNet WiFi Router", it literally is. All you need to do is simply to create an ad-hoc WiFi network on the computer and connect your iPhone to it (instructions). Your computer then goes online automatically. There is no need to specify IP (or any other) settings on either end.

Full list of PdaNet benefits:

* You will get FULL Internet access on the computer! (Instead of only applications that support Socks proxy.) In technical terms, all applications make direct TCP/IP connections to the server. Since there is no proxy involved, that also means less problems and less delays.
    * VPN connections are supported on the computer.
    * You don't need to configure anything on the computer end whenever you connect PdaNet. No proxy settings, no extra software installation, no messing with static IP assignment, no switching settings back and forth when going back to your home's WiFi router.
    * Yes it will connect at 3G speed if your phone has the coverage.Feedback from our users shows pretty fast speed even for the 2G version.
    * Supports PC, MAC, Linux or anything (include other PDA/phones) that connects to a WiFi router.
    * PdaNet runs in the background so you can still use other iPhone features when PdaNet is connected. But when you are done with them, go back to PdaNet to prevent the phone from entering idle and drops your connection.
    * Version 1.3 has a built-in "insomnia" feature so you can turn off the phone when PdaNet is in the foreground and it won't drop your active connection. This will conserve battery.
    * It is recommended that you charge the phone at the same time while using PdaNet because both WiFi and 3G will be put on full speed, both consume a lot of juice.

*A free version will be provided after 14 days trial expired. To register the full version, make sure PdaNet is connected and go to http://my.iPhone on the computer end.

Download from Cydia.

-Extract cracked file from .rar that you downloaded from the link.
    -SSH into your iPhone
    -Navigate to /Applications/PdaNet.app/
    -Overwrite existing file with the cracked file
    -Set permissions to 0755
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy

Link-
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/165898715/PdaNet1.40_patch.rar

tethering info

To get this working is actually rather simple.

Let’s start with your PC config:

1. Click the Start Button and select Control Panel.
    2. Select Network and Internet. (If Control Panel is in Classic View, skip this step)
    3. Open Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Select Set up a connection or network (in the left pane).
    5. In the resulting window, select Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network.
    6. Click Next and again on the following page.
    7. In the Network name textbox, input iPhone as the name of the network.
    8. Select a security type from the dropdown. (If you select WEP, you will need to enter a security key in the unghosted textbox)
    9. If you want to use this network more than once, check the Save this network checkbox, if you only need it for a one time fix, leave the checkbox unchecked.
    10. Click Next.
    11. Click Close.

———–
    Let’s now configure the iPhone.

1. Press the main Application button.
    2. Select Settings, then select Wi-Fi from the menu, let your iPhone scan for a network and the network iPhone will pop-up.
    3. Connect to the network iPhone.

At this point, the hardware for both the PC and iPhone are configured for the ad-hoc connection. Once the settings are saved, your PC and iPhone should establish a wireless connection automatically.

Now it’s time to start the application PdaNet. Enjoy
    If you update to v1.41:
    Leave v1.41 there, don't uinstall it.

Download PdaNet 1.40 from:
    Code:
    http://modmyi.com/repo/2debs/pdanet1.40.deb
    Use SCP/SFTP to copy that file to your iPhone, e.g., /var/root/, whatever.

SSH into your iPhone as root
    cd /var/root/
    dpkg -i pdanet1.40.deb

Viola, back to 1.40

To get the PdaNet 1.40 patch for full functionality, download

Code:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/i7717j
    Extract, and overide the file at /var/stash/Applications/PdaNet.app/PdaNet
    sigpic

• kbshowtyme
    • Jan 18

Re: PdaNet v140/141- Use your iPhone as a wireless router for your PC or Ma

Can I use the crack for version 1.53? Or can anyone update this app its really great and a top 5 app IMO

Comment

• jr5416
      • May 12

Originally posted by kbshowtyme
      Can I use the crack for version 1.53? Or can anyone update this app its really great and a top 5 app IMO
      This is for the iphone bro i hope you know
      sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
        • Mar 27

hi bro here is the crack for 1.53 pdanet

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
        MODERATOR@SPJ
        Attached Files
        video walk through on how to flash diamond/tp CLICK HERE
        NOOB CHECK SPJ TOUR BY D/\SH CLICK HERE
        LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROM CLICK HERE
        TUTORIAL BY ZAY HOW TO INSTAL TFD3THEMES General Forum Tips CLICK HERE
        sigpic

Comment

• cbul5544
          • Nov 02

is there any program like this for the Palm Pre?

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
            • Mar 27

Originally posted by cbul5544
            hi that i dont now since apps on the palm pre are still in early stadium for now

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
            MODERATOR@SPJ
            sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by cbul5544
              no sprint has to unlock tethering for the phone and they arent going to do that as of now.

Comment

• kbshowtyme
                • Jan 18

Has anyone been able to use the crack for 1.53 because it doesnt work for me and I played with it for about 2weeks now. Weesje did you test it just incase the person you got it from renamed it and its really a past version.

Comment

• CYBER WEESJE
                  • Mar 27

Has anyone been able to use the crack for 1.53 because it doesnt work for me and I played with it for about 2weeks now. Weesje did you test it just incase the person you got it from renamed it and its really a past version.
                  hi bro have no iphone so i can not test this and thit not rename anything to bad its not working

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
                  MODERATOR@SPJ
                  sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

what iphone version are you using and what operating system are you using on your pc?

Comment

• scott8813
                      InsomniAddict
                      • Feb 07

I made this post and yes I actually did personally test it when I turned a friend onto this site a while back.
                      sigpic

Comment

• kbshowtyme
                        • Jan 18

IM using the 3g and 3.0

Comment

Working...