• Show
Clear All
  • ICEM/\N
    The Man with the Plan!
    • Apr 10

TouchFlo Detacher v1011 (Freeware) [UPDATE MAY 5 2009]

TouchFlo Detacher v1.0.1.1 (Freeware)
    Requirements: PPC WM6
    Overview: A simple app that allows HTC Touch Diamond / Pro / HD devices to run TouchFlo3D outside of the Today screen. Get all the eye-candy goodness of TouchFlo 3D without losing your traditional Today screen!

Current features:

* Free up your Today screen by hosting Manila outside of the Today screen! TouchFlo Detacher can launch/show/hide/close Manila independent of any other Today screen settings. Now you can have your TouchFlo cake and eat it too! The most obvious use is to assign a soft key to toggle between seeing TouchFlo and seeing the regular Today screen.
    * Service runs as a background application (in your StartUp folder) for maximum speed when toggling Manila modes.
    * NO ANNOYING SPLASH SCREEN when application launches.
    * Service is 100% idle when not receiving messages or controlling TouchFlo, so no CPU is wasted! (Just a tiny bit of RAM)
    * Configuration application allows modifying manila.exe location, manila window class/title, and more, so that this utility can (presumably) be used with other manila versions (such as TouchFlo 2D). This is untested. Out of the box, it supports TouchFlo 3D in its default configuration as seen on the Diamond/Pro/HD.
    * Configuration application can clean out the ManilaActivateToday.exe from the notification queue. (That app can interefere with TouchFlo Detacher's operation.)
    * Shortcuts to start/show Manila, hide Manila, and close Manila. These can be assigned to hardware buttons (if your device has them) or virtual hardware buttons through the use of 3rd party applications such as AE Button Plus.
    * Configuration application can customize the softkeys in both Today and TouchFlo's Home tab. You can use it to not only assign TouchFlo Detacher operations (show/hide/close), but any other application on your device.
    * Out-of-the-box TouchFlo 2D / Manila2D support. (MAYBE - this needs to be tested by somebody with TF2D. Go to the config app, then menu, then TF2D defaults.

See it in action on this guy's YouTube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk0xWm8PMGQ

Installation Instructions:
    1. Install the CAB.
    2. Run the configuration app.
    3. Enable all the standard Today Items you want to use.
    4. Do not re-enable TouchFlo 3D in the Today items (if you do, it will undo all your other Today plugins).

History
    1.0.1.1 STABLE - Fixed bugs in 1.0.1.0; Added ability to launch an app after TouhcFlo launches.
    1.0.1.0 BETA - The first version of TFD that no longer requires a pseudo-service. All functionality should be identical to 1.0.0.5, otherwise. .
    1.0.0.5 STABLE - The "hide then show" workaround wasn't working in some instances, so I put extra detection code in to determine the current state of Manila before issuing the hide/show commands. If this doesn't work, I can add customizable delays. Also added AppToDate support!
    1.0.0.4 STABLE - First release I am considering stable! It is identical to the very tested 1.0.0.3 except for one new feature. When you start the TFDService you can now optionally have it hide and then show Manila immediately. It does this VERY quickly, so you may not even notice it happening on screen. This is done so as a workaround some users are having where they cannot access the phone until Manila is hidden at least one time. Very odd behavior. It is working perfectly in my tests, but please let me know if this workaround doesn't work for you.
    1.0.0.3 Beta - TF2D support I think is finally complete! Please test! New layout for TFDConfig. Standard and advanced options are now in separate tabs. More advanced options for alternate Manila configurations. Fixed bug in config where a crash could happen when you tried removing ActivateManilaToday. Toggle TouchFlo command is now available (note: this toggles show/hide, NOT show/close).
    1.0.0.2 Beta - New language-neutral detection of Manila process and window handles (no longer need to know titles!). Fixed (hopefully) bug where the softkeys sometimes didn't hide correctly. Window class "search" is no longer case sensitive. Optional delay when starting Manila at system start-up (attempting to work around issue where Manila won't launch on startup).
    1.0.0.1 Beta - Confg app can now start the service. The service has better error reporting. Config app can remove TouchFlo today item. No need to soft reset! TouchFlo 2D support (maybe - I'm trying!). Some crappy icons ;-) ... Service detects if TouchFlo Today item is enabled. Link to start and stop the service. Fixed installer bugs. Bug fixes!
    1.0.0.0 Beta (aka BETA1) - Initial release

Code:
    Download Instructions: 
    http://rapidshare.com/files/196555224/TFDetacher.CAB

Mirror:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FVEPKOJH
    Code:
    More Info.
    http://www.codeplex.com/TFDetacher/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=22938
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scott8813; May 05, 2009, 07:16 AM.
    FOLLOW ME>>>>
    Subscribe to my channel>>>>
    CLICK HERE TO GO TO ICEM/\N's Youtube Channel
    HIT THAT REP/ THANKS BUTTON FOR USEFUL POSTS!
    IF YOU INSTALL ONE OF MY RELEASES PLEASE PRESS THE INSTALLED BUTTON!
    Forum Rules
    A Noob Guide
    Let ICEM/\N Mod your iPhone 3G
    Guide to install iPhone/iTouch Game & App Files

sigpic
  • scott8813
    InsomniAddict
    • Feb 07

Re: TouchFlo Detacher v1001 (Freeware)

Thanks man, good find. The application sounds like it could open a lot of doors for customization, but I just have to know what the hell this guy did to his pro prior to installing this app. It was butchered, bloated, and lagging. You may want to hit him up and send him on his way to SPJ for some much needed fixing.
    sigpic

Comment

• scott8813
      InsomniAddict
      • Feb 07

Re: TouchFlo Detacher v1011 (Freeware) [UPDATE MAY 5 2009]

Bump bump bump!!!! Update time!!!

1.0.1.1 stable

updated first post with changelog and with updated cab file
      sigpic

Comment

Working...