Skyfire brings the PC internet experience to your mobile

phone. Watch videos on YouTube and Hulu,
    connect with your friends via Facebook and Twitter,
    catch up with gossip and news on the net, shop on
    Amazon, or listen to music. If you can experience it on
    your computer, you can now do it with Skyfire on
    the go.

Skyfire is fast, easy to use and free..

Skyfire 1.0 supports all regular screen resolutions available for Windows Mobile devices, from 240x240 to, QVGA (320x240, 240x320), WQVGA (400x240), VGA (640x480) and WVGA ( 800x480). The Symbian client has been enhanced to be more lightweight, easier to install and
    support in addition to 240x320 as well the 352x416 screen resolution (N80 type phones). We greatly appreciate your participation in our
    beta community. Your support and feedback on the forums helps us
    to constantly improve the product. Visit our forums at

[/size]
    Code:
    http://support.skyfire.com/forums/

Whats new in 1.0

Key Features of Skyfire 1.0

While performance has improved from the Beta version, here is some of what Skyfire 1.0 offers:

* Thumbnail interaction: Now you can click on links immediately after the page loads without having to zoom in. This enhancement is especially helpful for high resolution phones, and for familiar sites where you know right away where you want to click.
    * Improved Zoom: Double-tap or double-click to zoom over any element, including links, images or videos. The zoom interaction is smoother and more responsive as well.
    * Enhanced Navigation: When you navigate back or forward, you return to the last viewport (e.g. zoom level and portion of the page). Skyfire remembers even the viewport when you select a page from your history. You also have shortcut keys, (9) for forward and (7) for backward navigation.
    * Fast start: Skyfire changed both the sequence and behavior of the browser launch so you get started as quickly as possible. You can type a search or URL in the Superbar while Skyfire is connecting in the background. Start up was noticeably faster with 1.0 than the Beta versions.
    * Reconnect to last state: When you leave Skyfire in the background Skyfire will disconnect to preserve battery life. When you restore the browser it will reload the same page to the same zoom level and focus.
    * Enhanced search results: Google results now include video, news articles, local results all blended on a single results page and ordered by relevance. Vertical search categories are still available.

Known issues with Skyfire 1.0 Final

Skyfire does have some known issues with this release which include:

* HTTP Authentication (e.g. the native browser dialog that asks for username and password when going to certain sites) is not supported.
    * Text entry into Flash or Silverlight plug-ins is not supported.
    * Skyfire does not support ‘local storage’ mode for plug-ins. Thus the following will be affected: Netflix media player, Pandora media player, Rhapsody media player.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scott8813; July 03, 2009, 12:22 PM.
    sigpic

• crazaytalent
    • Aug 20

Re: Skyfire v09 is here for download

Very Nice find Scott... Im usually hesitant about upgradin apps as soon as they come out, once I have me setup the way I like.... but with the changes listed above, I am eager to make the switch...

Do you know if the new downloading capabilities will apply only to media files, or any downloadable content in general? Once that happens Im thinking I might make the full shift to Skyfire being my default.... but until then opera it is... Still with the other change and improments, this version of skyfire, looks to be a major contender (as if it wasnt already)...

Thanks again Bruh!
    New to SPJ? Check the n00b guide...Learning to search? Quick tips
    Need to navigate the site? Take the SPJ Tour
    How to install TF3D themes? Here!!...Looking to flash your device? SEE ME

sigpic

HIT THAT THANKS/REP BUTTON FOR ALL HELPFUL POSTS!!

Comment

• scott8813
      InsomniAddict
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by crazaytalent
      Very Nice find Scott... Im usually hesitant about upgradin apps as soon as they come out, once I have me setup the way I like.... but with the changes listed above, I am eager to make the switch...

Do you know if the new downloading capabilities will apply only to media files, or any downloadable content in general? Once that happens Im thinking I might make the full shift to Skyfire being my default.... but until then opera it is... Still with the other change and improments, this version of skyfire, looks to be a major contender (as if it wasnt already)...

Thanks again Bruh!
      I've been flying through pages for about a half an hour now and there are most definately some very noticeable changes. All of them that i have encountered so far have been way way to the better side (as far as changes go). I've downloaded a few things here and there but haven't really tried to do everything to feel it out as download fullproof but it seems to be heading in that direction pretty rapidly. I'll keep you posted and let you know.
      sigpic

Comment

• scott8813
        InsomniAddict
        • Feb 07

i'll tell you one positive aspect for sure though! THIS BROWSER FLIES THROUGH SPJ IN A LOT OF WAYS THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN OPERA ABLE TO MATCH!!!
        Last edited by scott8813; February 12, 2009, 04:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• broSki
          Old Timer/Snr Member
          • Feb 12

skyfire always loaded pages faster then opera ever did, the only thing better in opera is the screen rendering, and pages are very clear, where in skyfire seems kinda fuzzy in some sites...but all in all skyfire is my main browser
          NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
          LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
          LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
          Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• 1LOMOFO
            • Nov 25

Originally posted by scott8813
            i'll tell you one positive aspect for sure though! THIS BROWSER FLIES THROUGH SPJ IN A LOT OF WAYS THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN OPERA ABLE TO MATCH!!!
            Second that! this is a huge improvment over ever version .85
            sigpic

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS

Comment

• Mike20PR
              SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
              • Mar 31

still looks like crap on vga does does it?
              ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
              ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
              ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
              ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• scott8813
                InsomniAddict
                • Feb 07

Originally posted by Mike20PR
                still looks like crap on vga does does it?
                You can tell that there are a very few amount of changes when it comes to resolution on the browser. Mainly with text that you are typing in, but that's about all they decided to tackle for the "clean look factor". So yeah, this is still their version of their so called "VGA"
                sigpic

Comment

• broSki
                  Old Timer/Snr Member
                  • Feb 12

looks slightly better, but alot of improvements on this new version...im happy with it
                  NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
                  LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
                  LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
                  Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• drdrewdown
                    • May 23

always good to see improvements. luv this browser for stuff others cant do.. flash etc..
                    |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23504) |Nov10| Manila 2.1

Comment

• scott8813
                      InsomniAddict
                      • Feb 07

D/\SH I think that you have really hit the nail on the head on one of your threads with a point you made. This thread hasn't barely even been up for two days and it has 70, yes 70 downloads.......how many installs? 4......And it really wasn't that long ago if you think about it that people were waiting on 10 week waiting lists to get to try out the version that was 6 versions ago. And now here it is the very day it was released. I'm not one to beat a dead horse but........

sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by scott8813
                        D/\SH I think that you have really hit the nail on the head on one of your threads with a point you made. This thread hasn't barely even been up for two days and it has 70, yes 70 downloads.......how many installs? 4......And it really wasn't that long ago if you think about it that people were waiting on 10 week waiting lists to get to try out the version that was 6 versions ago. And now here it is the very day it was released. I'm not one to beat a dead horse but........

look at the guitar hero.... over 2000 downloads and not even 100 installs :< but hell there will be leechers and its worth still doing for the community since many still do appreciate it......

Comment

• angiekay
                          • Aug 23

ok so I downloaded and installed this version of skyfire, wanted to "try it", and it installed fine, I even softreset, but all I get when I launch the thing is the skyfire screen saying "check flight mode............acquiring data connection" it never connects and does nothing else??? Is there something I'm missing here?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Sh0wNuF
                            • Jul 09

Originally posted by angiekay
                            ok so I downloaded and installed this version of skyfire, wanted to "try it", and it installed fine, I even softreset, but all I get when I launch the thing is the skyfire screen saying "check flight mode............acquiring data connection" it never connects and does nothing else??? Is there something I'm missing here?
                            hmmm...i've never had a problem running skyfire....i would suggest making sure that you are in an area with a good signal...also try getting the cab directly from skyfire, it is still free and i believe you can choose your device. just go to
                            Code:
                            www.skyfire.com
                            sigpic

Comment

• angiekay
                              • Aug 23

thanks alot, something was up with my data connection. it's fine now, and works great, after I fixed my param's again and changed the timer wheel size to 5 like noted in that other post!!! now yea, I'm off the hook fast! LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...