• Show
Clear All
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

[RELEASE] [3 feb 2009] Minimal Phonecanvas skin VGA

Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=477670

The moment has arrived, the release party!
    So here it is, not much to say about it but I'll try to.

After moving over to a vga device I wanted to make a new skin for the Phonecanvas from HTC. I already did so with the TouchFLO 2D dialer but I was using a third party repack of the dialer and it gave a lot of problems. So this time I've only redone the graphics so it won't mess with the current functionality of your phone.

How to install:
    1. Check if your phone is VGA.
    2. Check if you are using the HTC Phonecavas with Slide to Answer.
    3. Check if you don't have any dialerskins installed.
    4. Intall the cab and soft-reset.
    5. Enjoy!

FAQ:

Q: Will the release include QVGA, WQVGA or WVGA?
    A: At the moment no, let's first finish a VGA version, a QVGA port will be easy I guess.

Q: In what kind of package will it come?
    A: It will be a replacement for all of the files that come with the Diamond's phone canvas. So you will need to have it cooked in your rom and my cab will overwrite default images.

Q: Will Videocall and all other functions work?
    A: If it works ATM on your phone and you have the new Phonecanvas cooked in your rom, it will still work yes. It only replace images, not the dll that makes everything work.

Q: Is it for the Samsung Omnia?
    A: NO, and it never wil be! (sorry I don't like Omnia users, most of them are newbies at WM and ask stupid questions)

Q: How about landscape support?
    A: Not yet, this is because I have a Diamond and don't use landscape. Future Development depends on how many people need it/free time/private matters/donations.

Q: No call history?
    A: Not yet, this also depends on the previous reasons. Plus I am looking for some sprecific images that I can't find and I do need to complete the skin.

Q: What if I have a rom that does not have the PhoneCanvas in it to begin with?
    A: Find a rom that has de Phonecanvas, I'm sorry but up to date I don't think there is a cab though I can try to extract it someday.

Q: Can it be uninstalled?
    A: Yes it should be ok.
    Attached Files
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

• NINE'SICKS
    •crzy_dmn•
    • Apr 14

Re: [3 feb 2009] Minimal Phonecanvas skin VGA

pauldgroot

"Please don't mirror my files, this will keep the current version at the right place and lets me keep track of downloads. Thank you.

Before asking questions read the FAQ.

I won't make this payware, that's not my philosophy.
    Though I'm still looking for a way to make just a little bit of money with all the work I'm doing and have done so far.
    Just like I made you guys a QVGA version and I don't even use it.
    I have also thought about making it donateware but some people don't have access to paypal or just don't have a dollar to spare and I don't want to deny them from this skin.
    That is why I'm simply asking you for a small donation, xda-user have downloaded software almost 60.000 times and if all of you donated a dollar, I'd be rich by now. Though only a handful of people have donated (thanks!).

So please, if you download this software and you have a paypal account. Be decent enough to show your gratitude with a donation of at least a dollar!
    Of course every donationis higly appreciated!"

There is a qvga version out on the original thread over at xda but theres some bugs so it doesnt seem to work just yet. it looks nice but when i call my self it doesnt show up on screen or WHEN it does it there is no ringtone/vibrate.
    sigpic

Follow Me <<

Comment

Working...