X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott8813
    InsomniAddict
    • Feb 07

[REG] 7 megapixel panorama tweak for Touch Pro HD and Diamond

[REG] 7 megapixel panorama tweak for Touch Pro, HD and Diamond.

Got back from my vacation very disappointed to find that my Raphael took very low-res panorama shots. I remembered someone figured out how to crank up the panorama resolution for the Kaiser with a registry tweak so I tracked it down and tested it on my Raphael and it works, pumps out 4506x1536 (6.92mp) versus 1408x480 (0.67mp).

I couldn't find it in either DiamondTweak or AdvancedConfig or a Raphael forum so I figured that that makes it worthy of a thread, definitely moreso if some of you could post other nice registry tweaks that ought to belong in AdvancedConfig/DiamondTweak but aren't in there yet.

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
    Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 1024 and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744.

Be advised that the images weigh around a megabyte though the delay in taking each third of the picture is relatively tolerable. In case you don't like doing things manually, I made a cab for this on Fmstrat's Registry Changer website, which by the way I would characterize as extraordinarly badass. Though most of the samples on that page are already in AdvancedConfig, you can use the site to make cabs out of your registry modifications ... and post them here.

So fire up your favorite registry editor (like the one attached) and make the changes or try the cab which may work then reboot the phone, start the camera, switch your way to panorama and, if you're in the mood, post here advising if it worked or not. If you're paranoid, write down the original registry settings for those two entries or export the P3 section before you mess with it.

And as always, I restate that messing with your registry can seriously mess up or brick your device. SPJ nor myself are responsible for any damage that you cause to your device. You have been duely warned.

Thanks to TaylorSPJ for the SpeedIndexTweak which helps to perfect this mod!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by scott8813; February 06, 2009, 06:07 PM.
    sigpic

• gbogart100
    • May 13

Re: [REG] 7 megapixel panorama tweak for Touch Pro HD and Diamond

anybody do this??

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by gbogart100
      anybody do this??
      its being built into the roms and it doenst change the actual megapixel of your camera it just changes it to that display size so you will get a clearer image than if you just blew the image up.

Comment

• ambivalent
        • Jan 30

I think it's along the lines of what happens when you zoom to take a photo. It zooms and reduces the resolution.

I believe that this mod stops the phone from downsizing the res for each capture. My guess is that HTC had it use lower resolution captures so that the phone wouldn't sit there processing when it meshes the images together. Lower res makes it more manageable. Just my thoughts.

I did the reg edit and it's great!

Thanks!

Comment

• gmcdowell
          • Apr 04

I did this and now and it takes at least 1 minute or more to get back to camera for another pic. What were the settings before I did this. Im going back to them.

Comment

• TaylorSPJ
            Nickel Nickel NINE
            • Oct 17

Originally posted by gmcdowell
            I did this and now and it takes at least 1 minute or more to get back to camera for another pic. What were the settings before I did this. Im going back to them.
            I made a cab to fix the delay....it will be posted in my thread later today
            New to the site click here
            Need to learn to flash Rom's click here
            For all my Hacks, Cabs and Tweaks click here
            AND IF SOMEONE HAS HELPED YOU HIT DA THANKS BUTTON!!!

Comment

• crazaytalent
              • Aug 20

Originally posted by TaylorSPJ
              I made a cab to fix the delay....it will be posted in my thread later today
              will the cab also contains these registry edits to the cam... that would be cool... to have it all in one...
              New to SPJ? Check the n00b guide...Learning to search? Quick tips
              Need to navigate the site? Take the SPJ Tour
              How to install TF3D themes? Here!!...Looking to flash your device? SEE ME

sigpic

HIT THAT THANKS/REP BUTTON FOR ALL HELPFUL POSTS!!

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Originally posted by crazaytalent
                will the cab also contains these registry edits to the cam... that would be cool... to have it all in one...
                +1 agreed

Comment

• TaylorSPJ
                  Nickel Nickel NINE
                  • Oct 17

Originally posted by D/\SH
                  +1 agreed
                  lol....way ahead of you guys...lol i'm just putting together a few other cabs to post so i dont have to make dash or someone add em like 5 times tonight....will be up soon.

Comment

• TVDinner
                    • Nov 26

I did this weeks ago but never had to use it until THIS WEEK at an event we are producing. It works AWESOME and we have taken panoramic pics of a giant warehouse we are producing a charity event in and the pics are huge in both file size and image size.

It is a great feature IMO.
                    Virtually EVERY Blackberry (Nextel) --> HTC Fuze (AT&T)
                    ROM:NATF's HTC Fuze v4.5 - installed 3/31/09
                    RADIO: 1.02.25.32 - installed 12/7/08

The Biggest Boards | Political Disgust | JAMOOZA

Comment

• TaylorSPJ
                      Nickel Nickel NINE
                      • Oct 17

Originally posted by gmcdowell
                      Originally posted by D/\SH
                      +1 agreed
                      aight cab fix is posted on my thread.....https://forum.smartphonejunkie.org/s...d.php?t=180585

Scott feel free to add the cab to your OP for better convinience.

Comment

Working...