X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Bell Pointui interface is OUT

Check out this thread and video from Pocketnow with a link to XDA. I just downloaded this interface and man is it nice.

TRY IT OUT !

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=6414

Instructions and CABS

HOW TO INSTALL & USE:
    Install
    1- cert.cab
    2- bell_uixb0.cab
    3- bell3.cab
    4- express.cab
    reboot

Launch pocket express to update all feeds.

Please credit needs to go over to the OP at XDA
    Attached Files
  • kbshowtyme
    • Jan 18

Re: Bell Pointui interface is OUT

It looks great too bad its not qvga for me

Comment

• sracercelica
      • Mar 31

Looks really nice. Do I need to uninstall TF3D before installing this?

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2008 at 0557 --------

wow I just saw the video and it looks really nice, way better that TF3d. It would be great to get a rom with this cooked into it :) (Kaos...Im looking at you!) lol
      Last edited by sracercelica; December 12, 2008, 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by sracercelica
        Looks really nice. Do I need to uninstall TF3D before installing this?

--------- New Post Merged on 12/12/2008 at 0557 --------

wow I just saw the video and it looks really nice, way better that TF3d. It would be great to get a rom with this cooked into it :) (Kaos...Im looking at you!) lol
        hahahah yes i am still to run this but i have it downloaded and ready to go for tonight when i will give it a whirl and see how it stands up to the D/\SH abusinve test :>

Comment

• utctigers
          • Jun 29

Where is the video of this

Comment

• sracercelica
            • Mar 31

I have been testing this app all since last night. Let me start by saying that this is a very nice UI. Very quick and very responsive. I like a lot better than TF3d and it also seems faster. Sadly thought, there are many issues that are forcing me to go back to TF3d :(
            The major issue being that since it was made by Bell (canadian carrier) it is very specific to them (almost like sprint did with TF3D). For example in the media shortcuts, they are all hardcoded to Bell services -like their TV and music services. The other thing is that it is very reliant on pocket express, it uses it to update all of its feeds in its bubbles. That isnt that big of a deal but the problem is that it is the Bell version of pocket express. So the news are mostly taylored to Canadians. Also you can set it to update the feeds automatically every couple hours unless you sign up for Bell's unlimited browsing package -you could see how that was a problem since I have sprint-. Hopefully OP over at XDA will keep working at this and figure a way to fix some of these issues. If he does I will deffinately change to this. I like twice as much as TF3D since it seems that Bell actually put some time into it (unlike sprint with TF3D).

Comment

• havox22
              I Rock..u know it
              • Sep 30

i just install the first 3 since i got pocket express already but my feeds dont seem to comes thrru is it some setting that i need to enable...its not cuz i didnt install the 4th thing cuz i did when i installed this before a hard reset and nither time did it update the feeds and yes i updated pocket express...any ideas

Comment

• sracercelica
                • Mar 31

It is not updating because unless you have to go into pocket express and update it manually. The only way to have it update automatically is if you get the unlimited browsing package from Bell -which is a lil hard to do from the us, lol.
                That is a reason I went back to TF3D even thought I like this UI better.

Comment

• havox22
                  I Rock..u know it
                  • Sep 30

yeah i did that but nothing shows up still and i cant seem to set my weather...i tap and hold but once i choose my city i dont know what to do if i click on it it does nothing any ideas??

Comment

• sracercelica
                    • Mar 31

It could be Pocket express doesnt support your city, I know mine wasnt so I had to chose LA. Eitherway, I would just wait for PointUI v2.0 coming out early next year. Go to the PointUI website and they have a video of it. It looks Sick!

Comment

Working...