X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanborn1979
    Wannabe (Noob Level 2)
    • May 27

[INFO] PPC-6800 Alltel

Prior to running the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), please take the following steps:

It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the update program and do not open any applications or files while the update is in process.

The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer. Click here to view instructions on how to do this. If using a laptop, make sure your laptop is plugged into a power source.

Ensure that your device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery Tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.

The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted. Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try the following on your device: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC and de-select Enable advanced network functionality.

All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc). Be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista) prior to upgrading. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update

1. To insure you don’t lose any personal data be sure to back up your device on your PC using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista). All personal data stored on the device will be lost. Make sure you save all pictures, videos and important files to your PC prior to performing the update process. Click here to view detailed instructions on backing up your data using ActiveSync.

2. From your PC, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the update to your Mobile Device. Click here to view detailed instructions on installing the ROM update.

3. Restore all personal data back to your device using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile Device Center, if you are running Windows Vista). (Optional) Click here to view detailed instructions on restoring your data using ActiveSync.
    WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable! Please be aware that your device may reset up to 4 times after the provisioning as your device updates.

If you have misplaced the CD that came with your device, use the following links below to download the software needed to synchronize your device with your computer

Having trouble installing your ROM update? View the Troubleshooting Guide to find out how to recover from errors and get common installation questions answered.

If you misplaced the CD that came with your device, use the links below to download any software you need to synchronize your device with your computer.

ActiveSync (for Windows XP users)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ivesync45.mspx

Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista Users)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

Microsoft Outlook Trial Version (for Windows XP and Vista users)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...looktrial.mspx

[READ MORE]

Download Here : HERE
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; October 12, 2008, 08:55 PM.
  • BiG JeW
    ADMIN-Watch what you say!
    • Feb 09

Re: Alltel 61 PPC-6800 ROM from HTC 10-08-08 release

Originally posted by seanborn1979
    Here is updated ROM for Alltel PPC-6800... http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=114
    thanks!! ! Moving thread! i wont issue you a INFRACTION!! WARNING IS ISSUED!
    NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
    IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
    PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• seanborn1979
      Wannabe (Noob Level 2)
      • May 27

I wanted to delete this thread but i can't figure out how to. I have received so much help from this forum, I wanted to give back a little. But I guess I did it wrong. If you could delete this thread I would appreciate it.

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Originally posted by seanborn1979
        I wanted to delete this thread but i can't figure out how to. I have received so much help from this forum, I wanted to give back a little. But I guess I did it wrong. If you could delete this thread I would appreciate it.
        we'll keep it bro its all good and we dont delete any threads here or at any forum... messes with the google searches.....

Comment

• puertoblack2003
          OG Member
          • Nov 08

Re: PPC-6800 Alltel

Updated post and attached program.
          Attached Files

SPJ Bulletin @
          forum.smartphonejunkie.org
          Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by cOderz
            Updated post and attached program.
            good looking pb :> what we you do without da BIG C

Comment

• puertoblack2003
              OG Member
              • Nov 08

Originally posted by D/\SH
              good looking pb :> what we you do without da BIG C
              hahahah you notice Big C

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Originally posted by cOderz
                hahahah you notice Big C
                hahahahahahaha that smiley looked like one of the old school wooden humpty dumpty's that you could take apart and a smaller one was inside and it seemed like you were going to be taking them apart forever :>

ahhhh the classics of humpty dumpty and lite brite :>

Comment

• loopy84
                  • Oct 20

hey guys, i'm new here, and i'm just curious what new features this rom with give me. i'm at my wits end, as my settings button in my start menu disappeared and i have no idea why or what i might just wondering if the rom will be worth it

Comment

• puertoblack2003
                    OG Member
                    • Nov 08

Originally posted by loopy84
                    hey guys, i'm new here, and i'm just curious what new features this rom with give me. i'm at my wits end, as my settings button in my start menu disappeared and i have no idea why or what i might just wondering if the rom will be worth it
                    this is a alltel stock rom, to read more about it and features click on the read more and it'll direct you to the site with the features.

SPJ Bulletin @

Comment

• oracle646
                      This Website Is LEGIT!
                      • Jan 17

If I had a buddy who wanted this phone on alltel, could I just flash the ROM on my sprint mogul, and it would be good to go?

I asked a lady from HTC's website and she said no. And I figure that is because she has to say that.

But let me know!

Thanks everyone
                      sigpic

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by oracle646
                        If I had a buddy who wanted this phone on alltel, could I just flash the ROM on my sprint mogul, and it would be good to go?

I asked a lady from HTC's website and she said no. And I figure that is because she has to say that.

But let me know!

Thanks everyone
                        no you will have to change other settings also besides the rom just.

Comment

• oracle646
                          This Website Is LEGIT!
                          • Jan 17

For me right now, would it almost be a waste of time, and just forget it and put it on ebay and be done with it. I was just wanting to give him first shot, but I am not sure I want to go through all the trouble lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...