X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

[INFO] Htc ppc 6800

Before you run the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), make sure you check and do the following first:
    • Tip: If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC > Deselect Enable advanced network functionality.
    • The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer.
    • All running applications on the computer have been closed.
    • Ensure that your device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
    • The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
    • All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync prior to upgrading.
    • Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).

General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update
    1. Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data.
    2. On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. (The next section provides a detailed procedure on how to install the ROM Update).
    3. Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync. (Optional)
    4. After the device resets from the update, you MUST dial *228 and press 3 when the automated greeting comes on to re-provision your device with the correct NAM info.

WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable! Please be aware that your device may reset up to 4 times after the provisioning as your device updates.

The upgrade process takes up to 25 minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the update program and do not open any applications or files while the update is in process. All personal data stored on the device will be lost. Make sure you save all pictures, videos, and important files to your PC prior to performing the update process.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; October 30, 2008, 02:10 AM.

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • SGTVolkin
    • Oct 10

Re: Htc ppc 6800

Hey I have ROM version: 3.35.671.9

Is this good?

Comment

• TweetyBear
      • Mar 01

then this would be a step back and that's not recommended.
      IF I HAVE HELPED YOU.......PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!
      NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SEARCH? GO HERE
      NEED TO LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS? GO HERE
      NOOB AREA PLEASE READ FIRST!GO HERE

sigpic

Comment

• puertoblack2003
        OG Member
        • Nov 08

Originally posted by SGTVolkin
        Hey I have ROM version: 3.35.671.9

Is this good?
        tweetybear is correct i had relocated all stock rom and i was posting it here, these roms that you see here only soul purpose is.Lets say you want to sell the phone and want to put them back stock then it'll be here...

SPJ Bulletin @
        forum.smartphonejunkie.org
        Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• SGTVolkin
          • Oct 10

HA, thanks! Well I believe that the HTC website doen't offer this ROM update.. Well I got all sorts of cracked software on my phone, so I suppose secuirty wasn't apart of the ROM update

Comment

Working...