• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike20PR
    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
    • Mar 31

3D Button Dialer skin with SMARTDIAL

Quoting mr.incredible... all the credit goes to him

I got tired of the three step process to install the dialer, SmartDial and graphics everytime I flashed or did a hard reset. So, I made my own .cab installer file.

I combined DxC's excellent minimal dialer (3b), the new SmartDial version of EtPhone.dll with my own graphics and replaced the contents of DxC's .cab file. I edited the EtPhone.dll file to hide the little black rectangle that is left over from the elapst time display. I also edited the layout for the button sizes to better fit the graphics on the "Call Status" page.

I don't really use the landscape version, so I didn't make any changes there. I'm not really sure who the credit for those graphics should go too.

The results are a one step install Dialer with SmartDial, redial and (I think) pretty good graphics.

I hope you enjoy it.

8-3-2008 - I created a white set of files. The graphics line up pretty well but with an all white background the text at the top of the screen doesn't display. It may work off of the system fonts associated with your theme. If so, your in business... Let me know if the skin works with your white theme and I'll finish the process by creating a cab file.

Still no Landscape. and I can't edit the EtPhone.dll sufficently to get rid of the rectangle, or add extra smart dial lines.

8-6-2008 - I think I did it. I got rid of the rectangle. Actually I moved it to the upper left corner on the same line as the dialed phone numbers. I got to looking at the original EtPhone.dll file (Pauly-A E Ten) I realized that DcX actually moved the buttons around to get the wonderful layout we now have. Someone else moved around the layout to make the Smartdial visible (I don't know who) So I figured, instead of hiding it why not just move it...

... so now it is nearly perfect. (the black one, to me) I still can't seem to figure out how to reverse the text color for the white version. I will keep hacking at it. I won't be making any other layout versions, I'm pretty happy with the layout as it is. I may create some new graphics for this layout. Sorry, I can't please everyone. So I please myself and bring along as many as I can with me.

The .cab file below is the newest version with the rectangle fix.

Attached Files
    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

• worldwide
    • May 07

Re: 3D Button Dialer skin with SMARTDIAL

I've been running this for a few weeks but a couple of days ago i've been getting freeze ups while trying to make three way calls sometimes in call waiting also. It was deal breaker for me. The original(DcX) works fine though.
    How do you know where I'm at if you haven't been where I've been. Understand where I'm coming from?

Comment

• goldenzeus
      • Aug 04

good drop i like that (no homo)

Comment

• jrodriguez07
        • Sep 06

hey man this dialer looks tight. i downloaded it but i dont know how to set it in my phone to work.

Comment

• SaintJ
          • Mar 16

Skin looks awesome, tried to install it also, used the cab file and it appeared to revert back to the origional dialer. This may have been the wrong way to do it, but i copied and pasted the skin into the windows folder, and that was all wrong, it had the buttons as a background with the origional dialer overlayed ontop. What is the proper way to install? thanks for the support.
          sigpic

Comment

• SaintJ
            • Mar 16

Alright think i figured something out, well pretty sure i did. I had already had the "minimal dialer leters.cab" installed on my phone, which is the same template as this dialer. I took the 3D black skin and extracted into my windows folder, over wrote all, and soft reset. I'm up and working! Looks great, no issues as of yet! Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

• parna1973
              • Jun 12

thnxs nice work looks good on mogul..
              sigpicIf you have been helped hit the thumbs up

Comment

• NINE'SICKS
                •crzy_dmn•
                • Apr 14

nice skin.. im using the white..very easy to install,uninstall any dialer u currently have, install the original 3d cab to phone NOT storage.. soft rest,copy/paste skin to windows directory sr again and enjoy!
                sigpic

Follow Me <<

Comment

• RconR007
                  • Jun 09

Has any one tried it on the Touch Diamond.

Thanks.

Comment

• Mike20PR
                    SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
                    • Mar 31

Originally posted by RconR007
                    Has any one tried it on the Touch Diamond.

Thanks.
                    i doubt it works, the graphics were made for qvga screens and the diamond is vga
                    ....................Ultimate NOOB Guide CLICK HERE....................
                    ....................PPC Guide For Dummies CLICK HERE....................
                    ....................Dont Know How To Flash A ROM? CLICK HERE..................
                    ....................Learn To Search CLICK HERE....................

Comment

• ca3sar
                      • Jan 12

This is the best dialer ever, everything works on it also, even redial. Any other skins that someone could locate would be awesome.

"I came, I saw, I conquered."
                      -- Julius Caesar

Comment

• SteHer
                        • Dec 18

Hi, I have a problem with the MrIncredible 3D Dialer. On my HTC Touch the "Dial" button doesn't work correctly.
                        Only before the first Dialing the button appeared green with the Label "Call"; after ending the call the button remained to be "red" with the label "End Call". So what can I do to restore the original look and behavior of the MrIncredible 3D Dialer???
                        (though this is only a small bug and doesn't influence the usage of the dialer it would be fine to have this the way it should be)

Kind regards!
                        And Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year to ev'ryone!

SteHer

Comment

• helihuo
                          • Dec 29

i love it so much

Comment

• angiekay
                            • Aug 23

ok I really like the look of this dialer and the options it gives, but I've read through this entire post and there's no "instructions", I see the cab file and the "white" and "black" skin zip files, so after installing the cab file, where to you drop the zip you want???? Remember, I'm still learning EVERYDAY and still feel I ask noob/stupid questions sometimes, but one can't learn unless they ask..................LOL!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• 1mrlcb
                              SPJ FREAKSTER!
                              • Jun 30

Originally posted by angiekay
                              ok I really like the look of this dialer and the options it gives, but I've read through this entire post and there's no "instructions", I see the cab file and the "white" and "black" skin zip files, so after installing the cab file, where to you drop the zip you want???? Remember, I'm still learning EVERYDAY and still feel I ask noob/stupid questions sometimes, but one can't learn unless they ask..................LOL!!!
                              I think after you install the cab there should be a cab inside 1 of those zips im guessing
                              Learn how to search CLICK HERE
                              Learn how to flash roms CLICK HERE
                              NOOB GUIDE please read before posting
                              Cant view certain sections sign up for members software CLICK HERE

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...