X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Herald Just2Clean WM 6.1 Rom

The ROM has 63.XXmb FREE storage and 31.XXmb free RAM with SD.
    EDIT: Free RAM went down to 29.x with SD with this build... not sure why, yet.

To flash it you MUST have a HardSPL'ed Herald or Wing and a microSD card. Just place the HERAIMG.nbh into the SD card's root directory. Do NOT rename it to anything else. Then hold the camera button down while you turn on the device and then press the volume down slider when it asks you to. Wait until it says it's done. I haven't tried to run any activesync other than to an exchange server so tell me if that isn't working.

http://www.darthnet40.com/xda/ivanmmj/ROMs/

Hosting is graciously provided by moullas.

Here are some screenies.
    The today screen.
    The ExtROM showing you how it has been shrunk and that the storage was merged into the main storage.
    Memory to show how much free memory there is on the ROM.

NOTES
    NetCF is NOT installed. You must install it yourself.
    There is no calculator. -It is NetCF dependant.
    The only thing UPXed are some files in the CommManager. I might UPX some more to gain even more space, but I have to be careful so that I don't break anything.
    PLEASE post any bugs you find.

I forgot to mention:
    It will show up as CE OS 5.2.19199 (Build 19209.1.0.2)
    This is, presumably, because the XIP is from 5.2.19199 and the SYS folder if from 19209.1.0.2. Unless that IS the build for that OS version. I thought it wasn't, though...

EDIT: The zcink edition lacks x-button/taskmanager but adds internet sharing. (As well as a little extra free space.)

EDIT2: Thanks to shep211 for finding this for people who are having problems formatting this with their SD cards.
  • pljansma
    • Apr 09

Re: Heral Just2Clean WM 6.1 Rom

Hey Dash, I realize you are just the messenger on alot of this stuff, but will this ROM work on my Alltel PPC6800? I like the fact it is a stripped down basic clean ROM which is what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to add in my own apps and programs.

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by pljansma
      Hey Dash, I realize you are just the messenger on alot of this stuff, but will this ROM work on my Alltel PPC6800? I like the fact it is a stripped down basic clean ROM which is what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to add in my own apps and programs.
      no as it says this si only for the herald aka wing not the mogul read the descriptions.

Comment

• kudvu002
        • Mar 04

Originally posted by pljansma
        if looking for a clean totally stripped rom for alltel use 5066 by no2chem youll get hella memory
        Allerizon 6800/(Storm) maybe?

Comment

• kudvu002
          • Mar 04

aight well i downloaded this and its just the nbh file. now dash or whoever since this is a wing do i also download the ruu file and place the nbh in there? also on the hard spl unlocker that is given on the other herald rom when opened up it says run romupdate utility which is what you click right to unlock the phone? If so it also has instructions to use something else first and soft reset to get it to a white screen? im just trying to make sure that im going to do this right the first time! let me know if I just need to run that update in the spl to unlock or do something else. thnx
          edit: it says to run the install asergs before running the hard spl but i have no cab for that in the file?
          Last edited by kudvu002; May 25, 2008, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• D/\SH
            Owner - Staff
            • Feb 07

Originally posted by kudvu002
            aight well i downloaded this and its just the nbh file. now dash or whoever since this is a wing do i also download the ruu file and place the nbh in there? also on the hard spl unlocker that is given on the other herald rom when opened up it says run romupdate utility which is what you click right to unlock the phone? If so it also has instructions to use something else first and soft reset to get it to a white screen? im just trying to make sure that im going to do this right the first time! let me know if I just need to run that update in the spl to unlock or do something else. thnx
            all you do is run the unlcoker place the nbh in the ruu and run the exe like on your phone.

Comment

• kudvu002
              • Mar 04

Originally posted by D/\SH
              all you do is run the unlcoker place the nbh in the ruu and run the exe like on your phone.
              ok well like i edited it says "Installation Cannon Yang Hard-spl 4.70:
              1. install ASerg-Before_Hard-SPL.cab
              2. softreset
              3. run !RUN-hard-spl.exe
              4. whitesreen will appear - wait until xda turns off itselfe and restarts
              5. when it boots = happy
              6. check in bootloader if it is 4.70.yan!!! = then it is Hard-spl"

but there is no aserg file in the unlocker just an aserg before rar file that when clicked says setup and so on but no cab or anything. so should i just run the run file for the unlocker or what? im dying to flash so help me get my fix

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

ok well like i edited it says "Installation Cannon Yang Hard-spl 4.70:
                1. install ASerg-Before_Hard-SPL.cab
                2. softreset
                3. run !RUN-hard-spl.exe
                4. whitesreen will appear - wait until xda turns off itselfe and restarts
                5. when it boots = happy
                6. check in bootloader if it is 4.70.yan!!! = then it is Hard-spl"

but there is no aserg file in the unlocker just an aserg before rar file that when clicked says setup and so on but no cab or anything. so should i just run the run file for the unlocker or what? im dying to flash so help me get my fix
                i truthfully dont know i would ask there i never have owned a wing to be flashing it and all.

Comment

• kudvu002
                  • Mar 04

Originally posted by D/\SH
                  i truthfully dont know i would ask there i never have owned a wing to be flashing it and all.
                  so i read a thread and I think that from what it said that you can use the uspl if your just going to flash maybe once or twice which you would have to run that exe file everytime you wanted to flash vs. if you just run the hard spl you can flash non stop without having to run the exe you just download the rom and run the update.

Comment

• kudvu002
                    • Mar 04

I tried to run this rom update last night using the uspl from xda and when it went to update the rom it got to 4% and stopped and said that the file was corrupeted. I tried again and it didnt work so I used the open touch lite rom and that was a success. It was gangsta flashin a rom on a wing!

Comment

• ivanmmj
                      • Mar 15

Re: Heral Just2Clean WM 61 Rom

I tried to run this rom update last night using the uspl from xda and when it went to update the rom it got to 4% and stopped and said that the file was corrupeted. I tried again and it didnt work so I used the open touch lite rom and that was a success. It was gangsta flashin a rom on a wing!

I didn't realize people had posted my ROM in other places other than xda.

I know this is a little too late, but most of my ROMs require that you flash them through the SD card with a HardSPL phone because the USPL and the normal flasher both have a size requirement which means that the ROMs have to be so big and therefore storage space can't get too big. Flashing through the SD card bypasses this requirement and lets you flash so called "Big Storage" ROMs.

This is an old ROM, though. I've released one other major one after this and I'm currently working on what will probably be the last ROM I make for the Wing.

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Re: Heral Just2Clean WM 61 Rom

Originally posted by ivanmmj
                        I didn't realize people had posted my ROM in other places other than xda.

I know this is a little too late, but most of my ROMs require that you flash them through the SD card with a HardSPL phone because the USPL and the normal flasher both have a size requirement which means that the ROMs have to be so big and therefore storage space can't get too big. Flashing through the SD card bypasses this requirement and lets you flash so called "Big Storage" ROMs.

This is an old ROM, though. I've released one other major one after this and I'm currently working on what will probably be the last ROM I make for the Wing.
                        yuppers we got here, never had a herald to test on and was selling one that you saw in the video for a buddy on youtube based off of yours. but anyways if you want to post them up feel more than free and i will can this one so you can get the credit and all

Comment

Working...