HTC Titan (Mogul) WM 6.0 GPS and EVDO RevA ROM + Radio 3.35 - GuidoZ ROM v2.0-BY Guid

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puertoblack2003
    OG Member
    • Nov 08

HTC Titan (Mogul) WM 6.0 GPS and EVDO RevA ROM + Radio 3.35 - GuidoZ ROM v2.0-BY Guid

HTC Titan (Mogul) WM 6.0 GPS and EVDO RevA ROM + Radio 3.35 - GuidoZ ROM v2.0
    Requirements: Sprint/VZW, HTC Mogul (Titan 6800)
    Overview: WM 6 CS OS 5.2.1629 Build 18136.0.4.8
    Language: English
    Creator: GuidoZ (some tweaks taken from DCD and NueChem)
    Release Date: April 5th, 2008

No Sprint/VZW bloatware, plenty of free program space!
    Created in my own custom Kitchen and tested on my own phone (Sprint Only).
    Thanks to DCD, NueChem and dogguy, without them this wouldn't be possible!

UC v2.0 is included. Read up on it for a fully automated install.

GPS now works, as does EVDO RevA (1.5/0.8 mbit over cellular!) No more buggy v3.27 radio either!
    Tethering detection has been disabled, so use your phone as a modem all you like (BlueTooth or USB).
    A number of base apps are included to make life easier. Still 30MB+ more free compared to stock Sprint ROM!

Windows Live 10.6.34.800
    Adobe Reader 2.00.288531
    Windows Live Search
    Microsoft Office (+ OneNote)
    GuidoZ + DCD Reg/Performance Tweaks
    Live 2 Google Search
    reTOUCHed_Dialer2 by fttilt
    Flash 7
    GPS2BT v1.8 (GPS 2 BlueTooth)
    HTC Camera Album
    HTC Streaming Media
    PocketRAR v3.71
    wmWiFiRouter v1.01 (Registered)
    Bubble Beaker
    Solitare
    Chess
    Kevtris
    GPS Viewer v1.5 (GuidoZ Mod)
    .NET Compact Framework v3.5
    CommManager - 10 Button Touch
    Remote Desktop
    dotFred Task Manager
    SIP Change
    neuAudio AudioPara Configuration Tool
    neuLED LED Intermediate Driver
    Oxis Memory Optimizer
    HTC Black Theme included, Blue is default

This requires the v3.35 Radio and Olipro v2.40 loader to work! Due to issues with including the Radio separately, the most stable method has been to load the entire Sprint official release, which loads the radio. If you use Sprint, I recommend loading the full official release, including all the cusomtizations and such that it does. This ensures you don't lose any key settings, such as MSID and the likes. (You can always call Sprint if you mess it up and have no Internet/Phone working.)

Verizon (VZW) Users - It's VERY IMPORTANT that you do NOT let the Sprint customizations run after flashing your phone! When you get to the start of the WM6 setup (the screen tapping for the stylus), make sure you're still connected to ActiveSync (plug the phone back in if you unplugged it after flashing) and flash my custom ROM. If you let the Sprint customizations run, you'll have to revert back to a stock Verizon ROM, then go back through the whole process. AGAIN, DO NOT let the Sprint cuztomizations run if you are a Verizon user!

ALL USERS: Install the unlocker (olipro) first, then the Stock Sprint ROM for the radio. If you have problems or need help doing this, read up (search) http://forum.xda-developers.com Once you have the newest stock Sprint ROM all happy (customizations included if on Sprint ONLY), flash the one I posted. (There is also a few guides right here at PPC Warez!)

Download Instructions:

MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE! Not following them will cause problems.
    I've tested this for over a week without issues. GPS locks on in 10 seconds and I'm getting 1.5mbit down!
    I take no responsibility for anything bad that happens. ;) You can always go back to a stock ROM if needed.
    All that said, pick your carrier and download the ROM you need:

Sprint users: I've read all this and understand the steps - let me have it!
    Verizon (VZW) users: I've read all this and understand the steps - let me have it!

Remember me mentioning UC before? It stands for User Customization and is all done from a simple text file on your storage card. I have put together a nice little package of Appz that just couldn't be cooked into the ROM due to different issues, but you really shouldn't be without. Even if you don't use the UC feature, you can download this pack and install the CABs as you wish. Here's what's included:

Google Maps v2.0.1
    HTC Action Menu
    Picsel Browser v1.0.5
    Jbed Java 20080222 3.1
    MS Voice Command v1.6
    QuickMenu v2.7.387

To get them installed automatically, simply unzip the following file to your storage card and make sure it's inserted when you flash your Mogul. You'll see it install them automatically after you finish setting up WM6. Otherwise, just pick and choose what CABs you want. Here's the download link either way:

http://rapidshare.com/files/10501563...dd-on.zip.html

NOTE: I recommend fixing the button mappings after install MS Voice Command. Go to Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons and change Button 1 to Messaging, then set Button 5 (NOT press and hold) to Voice Command. You should be set!

Updated PRL file is available as well (Sprint or Verizon). Google "GetSPC" for info on accessing the EPST settings, as well as noting important information, such as MSID in case something goes wrong. It only saves you a call to your cell provider.

I'll do what I can to answer questions, but as I said before, I'm not around a bunch. This puppy is STILL stable and FASSSST!

--
    Peace. ~G

SPJ Bulletin @
    forum.smartphonejunkie.org
    Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com
  • broSki
    Old Timer/Snr Member
    • Feb 12

Re: HTC Titan (Mogul) WM 6.0 GPS and EVDO RevA ROM + Radio 3.35 - GuidoZ ROM v2.0-BY Guid

anybody using this rom?
    NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
    LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
    Sprint Speed:

sigpic

Comment

• nyclegend20
      • Oct 31

Re: HTC Titan (Mogul) WM 6.0 GPS and EVDO RevA ROM + Radio 3.35 - GuidoZ ROM v2.0-BY Guid

idk
      im using kaos rom think of flashing to this but want to wait for dash new rom

Comment

• Brookster27
        • Mar 09

Hey guys, I need some serious help. I've searched all over this site for the last hour and can't find any links to flashing back to stock Verizon roms. Can someone give me a link because I apparently didn't reset my phone quick enough when upgrading so it started loading the Sprint customizations. I appreciate any help you can give!!

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by Brookster27
          Hey guys, I need some serious help. I've searched all over this site for the last hour and can't find any links to flashing back to stock Verizon roms. Can someone give me a link because I apparently didn't reset my phone quick enough when upgrading so it started loading the Sprint customizations. I appreciate any help you can give!!
          dont worry bout reflashing bro no need to all you need to do is hard reset your phone by pressing the two buttons with the dots on them and while holding them down all you have to do is use the stylus and soft reset. than you will be able to get rid of the sprint customizations again.

Comment

• Brookster27
            • Mar 09

D/\SH, I did the hard reset like you said, then I did a soft reset before the customizations countdown finished, but when it boots up it still has the HTC Smart Mobility boot up screen now instead of the Verizon and it wont recognize my Verizon service. I don't know if it's because I upgraded to the 3.35 first and then tried upgrading to this custom rom or what, but I need to figure out how to get it back on my Verizon service.

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

D/\SH, I did the hard reset like you said, then I did a soft reset before the customizations countdown finished, but when it boots up it still has the HTC Smart Mobility boot up screen now instead of the Verizon and it wont recognize my Verizon service. I don't know if it's because I upgraded to the 3.35 first and then tried upgrading to this custom rom or what, but I need to figure out how to get it back on my Verizon service.
              you are with verizon and after you flash or do a hard reset you have to call the number that it prompts you too for them to give it the ok to be ran again. takes all of 4 minutes to do max. try that and report back. just make a test phone call to find the number.

Comment

• eke4503
                • Apr 20

ok so its been well over 10 min. and the "updating the ROM image on your PDA phone"
                screen is still up at 0% done ?? what should i do ???
                " Keep It Simple "

Comment

• Brookster27
                  • Mar 09

D/\SH, I called the activation # and everything seemed to work fine, but then when I try to call out on the phone I get a message that says "welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry but we are unable to authenticate your phone at this time". When I try calling the # it gives me after the message I get that message again. My ROM is showing 3.35 still so it obviously didn't go back to factory settings as it was at 2.09 or something like that initially. Is there a link to stock Verizon roms so I can just start over from the beginning? Thanks for your help man

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Originally posted by eke4503
                    ok so its been well over 10 min. and the "updating the ROM image on your PDA phone"
                    try to soft reset your phone or reset your computer works fine over here jsut flashed to my test phone.

D/\SH, I called the activation # and everything seemed to work fine, but then when I try to call out on the phone I get a message that says "welcome to Verizon Wireless, we're sorry but we are unable to authenticate your phone at this time". When I try calling the # it gives me after the message I get that message again. My ROM is showing 3.35 still so it obviously didn't go back to factory settings as it was at 2.09 or something like that initially. Is there a link to stock Verizon roms so I can just start over from the beginning? Thanks for your help man
                    bro if it is still saying that you have to talk to the rep and all and have them fix it.

Comment

• eke4503
                      • Apr 20

Originally posted by eke4503
                      Thanks D/\SH I got it fixed about 15min. after i posted
                      " Keep It Simple "

Comment

• Brookster27
                        • Mar 09

Ok D/\SH, first off I have to say the tech support guys at Verizon are apparently more clueless than I am. After I messed up my phone trying to load this new ROM I took it to Verizon like you suggested, was upfront and told them I tried to do an upgrade to the phone but after I did I couldn't get Verizon's service to validate my phone. He starts doing hard resets, etc. I'm standing there waiting for him to tell me I'm out of luck because it's obvious I did stuff to it outside of "normal usage" because the Sprint boot up screen was coming up on it. But you know what happened instead of him telling me I was out of luck? He went to the back and got me a brand new 6800 out of the box and gave it to me along with a new battery and said he couldn't understand what the problem was but they would just give me a new one and send the old one back. That took a big load off my back and kept me from having one in my pants since I was afraid I would have to buy a new phone.

Now that I've written a novel, I'm going back to play dumb again and ask if you could please explain in detail the steps needed to upgrade a Verizon 6800 to this ROM as I don't want to screw up another one, because surely to God they would clue in eventually and stop giving me new phones, lol

Comment

• D/\SH
                          Owner - Staff
                          • Feb 07

Ok D/\SH, first off I have to say the tech support guys at Verizon are apparently more clueless than I am. After I messed up my phone trying to load this new ROM I took it to Verizon like you suggested, was upfront and told them I tried to do an upgrade to the phone but after I did I couldn't get Verizon's service to validate my phone. He starts doing hard resets, etc. I'm standing there waiting for him to tell me I'm out of luck because it's obvious I did stuff to it outside of "normal usage" because the Sprint boot up screen was coming up on it. But you know what happened instead of him telling me I was out of luck? He went to the back and got me a brand new 6800 out of the box and gave it to me along with a new battery and said he couldn't understand what the problem was but they would just give me a new one and send the old one back. That took a big load off my back and kept me from having one in my pants since I was afraid I would have to buy a new phone.

Now that I've written a novel, I'm going back to play dumb again and ask if you could please explain in detail the steps needed to upgrade a Verizon 6800 to this ROM as I don't want to screw up another one, because surely to God they would clue in eventually and stop giving me new phones, lol
                          lol nice you got lucky!!!!!

and for the tutorial look in my signature there is a link to one already.....

Comment

Working...