Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch)

all credit for this goes to IMCOKEMAN
    I have made an unlocker/patched bootloader for the touch. This is similar to the Hard-SPL for the Titan (Thanks Olipro for the lessons). It will CID unlock your device and allow you to flash unsigned code, these changes allow custom roms to be used.

If you need your device to be perfect for work etc. you might want to make sure you have a backup plan before running this. It has been tested successfully, but just remember you don't NEED to use this unlocker =)

This is only the first step for custom roms, The same tools for rom making on the Titan work for the Vogue by the way.

Please read all the instructions in the unlocker itself. It will need to be downloaded to the PC and then run while the device is attached with activesync. At one point you need to disconect and reconnect. At this point it will look like it's flashing a rom (standard rom update utility). Let that complete. Finally you will need to disable USB in activesync for the exitbl step. That's about it, if you have trouble re-read this post and the instructions again.

When completed successfully it will show version 0.40.CoKe and your device will be unlocked

Thanks to my brave testers: Lattisimo and Sonny

http://rapidshare.com/files/91036871...ocker.exe.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by puertoblack2003; July 12, 2008, 11:10 AM.
  • fuzzydeer
    • Feb 06

Re: Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch)

Hey this program won't be clearing the data from my handset will it? Just when I flash a new ROM to it? (HTC VOGUE)
    I may go ahead and unlock it now while I'm waiting for a better ROM Hopefully one with killer speeds and a gps unlock, or a imageon fix.
    sigpicLets Machette this hill!

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Originally posted by fuzzydeer
      Hey this program won't be clearing the data from my handset will it? Just when I flash a new ROM to it? (HTC VOGUE)
      I may go ahead and unlock it now while I'm waiting for a better ROM Hopefully one with killer speeds and a gps unlock, or a imageon fix.
      yes it will clear all the data from your phone so back up your important stuff on there.

Comment

• Shenanigans
        Huh What
        • Feb 26

any word on a gps rom for the touch yet?

Comment

• D/\SH
          Owner - Staff
          • Feb 07

Originally posted by Shenanigans
          any word on a gps rom for the touch yet?
          lol you will be waiting they are talking august september for you guys and the 10th for us mogulers for the official that is lol.

Comment

• Shenanigans
            Huh What
            • Feb 26

what about unofficial then lol. btw is there a program to make my touch suck me off? seems to everything else so far

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by Shenanigans
              what about unofficial then lol. btw is there a program to make my touch suck me off? seems to everything else so far
              lol naw not yet but keep me informed on that... the unofficial was a leaked and there prolly wont be one for the touch........ it wasnt ever supposed to leave sprint but some one released it on the net and got spread around.

Comment

• RobNyc
                • Mar 13

Thanks so much so easy
                I used it

Comment

• IslandB01
                  • Dec 07

Qick question...when I install this unlocker, and it unlocks my phone, clears my memory (BUT I did a back up) do I just run the back up file after I install the unlocker? And if so, after running the back up file, the phone will be like it use to be, but UNLOCKED? May sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna make sure because, thanks to SPJ, I've customized my phone A LOT, and don't wanna lose it, but still want it unlocked.

Thanks!

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

Originally posted by IslandB01
                    Qick question...when I install this unlocker, and it unlocks my phone, clears my memory (BUT I did a back up) do I just run the back up file after I install the unlocker? And if so, after running the back up file, the phone will be like it use to be, but UNLOCKED? May sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna make sure because, thanks to SPJ, I've customized my phone A LOT, and don't wanna lose it, but still want it unlocked.

Thanks!

yes it should be the same why unlock though unless flashing to a custom rom? but you wont be able to run a backup on a new rom if you were to flash to a new one which is the only reason the unlocker would be used.

Comment

• HIGHDEF360
                      • Nov 24

ok so i used this and dont know if it worked...So how would i know if my phone is unlocked now....where would it say on my phone...when i was done with program never said phone unlocked

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by HIGHDEF360
                        ok so i used this and dont know if it worked...So how would i know if my phone is unlocked now....where would it say on my phone...when i was done with program never said phone unlocked
                        it wont if you ran it successfully your phone will reboot and act as if it is starting all over like when you first bought it asking you to allign the screen and all.......... if it didnt do that you didnt run the unlocker correctly.

Comment

• HIGHDEF360
                          • Nov 24

ya it did that......cool thanks

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

Originally posted by HIGHDEF360
                            ya it did that......cool thanks
                            no problem just be sure to hit the thanks button. and now ytour ready to flash custom roms on your touch so have fun with that.

Comment

• hauntedchild
                              • Jun 14

Is there anything that will tell me wether or not my phone is unlocked? I ran the official leaked rom with no problem. Now I am trying to unlock and it does not seem to finish. Hoping to flash with the omj rom.

Comment

Working...