Clear All
  • jr5416
    • May 12

*12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

SsS-ROM r2
    Speed, Service, and Stability ROM
    Aka Super Speed and Stability ROM
    ALL CDMA Touch Pro 2s Supported.

CE OS WM6.5 5.2.21887 (Build 21882.5.0.86)
    HTC Sense 2.5.1922911.0

For included packages, please see post #2.
    For updates and news, please see post #3.

First things first.
    This ROM is for the most advanced user, to the everyday beginner. This is one of the FASTEST and most STABLE ROMs to date running the 21887 build with the HTC Sense 2.5. If you have any doubts, the ROM will speak for itself.

Notes: The base ROM has been stripped down to the bare minimum. Therefore there is no added bs, only what is needed to operate and function correctly. This ROM was built for speed, and to be the most stable ROM with the best support out there. All added programs and software are the latest, up-to-date versions to date. For a complete list of what is included, please scroll down. Screenshots can be found in the 3rd post.

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or cab files, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone please make sure you are unlocked. For information please go to:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Extra Info:A little about me. I have been cooking personal ROMs for a few friends and myself since the apache 6700. I have always considered myself a perfectionist, so users ROMs never met my standards or suited my needs. No disrespect to any cooks out there, if it weren't for you all (you know who I am talking about), I wouldnt be where I am today in the phone community. I always wanted the latest OS available, with the latest drivers along with the latest versions of the programs installed. Thats when I started building my own ROMs. From there I always spent my time tweaking the ROM to perfection for the best speed and stability I could get out of the device. I have built personal ROMs for the Apache, Mogul, Touch, Touch Pro, and now the Touch Pro 2. Honestly when I received the Touch Pro 2, I wasnt as unhappy with the overall speed and stability of the stock ROM as others, but I still new it could run better. I never intended to go public with any of my ROMs, they were only for personal use and a couple close friends. Since the feedback I had was so positive from a few, I decided to go public with my Touch Pro ROM. Since it was such a success, I am now here with the highly anticipated public release of SsS-ROM r2 for the Touch Pro 2 after some closed testing. For anything else, I will let the ROM do the talking. ;)

PagePool is set to 16.

Known Bugs:
    1. Must Manually Add MMS server settings. Sprint MMS receives, but does not send. Others carriers are fine.

Thanks to: No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, AstainHellbring, Xboxmod, LennySH, Tek818, Cmonex, Conflipper, Calkulin, Juggalo_x, Slueth255, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, Polargoat, JooJooBee666, and anybody else that has contributed to this community making it is what it is today.

Special Thanks to: No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for the last few years and always helping me out. Without you guys, I would not be where I am today in the ppc community.

For a complete MASD list (included OEMS), please see post #2.

And Finally... The download link. ALL CDMA Touch Pro 2s supported.

Download Link for ALL CDMA Touch Pros 2s.
    SsS-ROM r2
    SsS-ROM r2
    More mirrors coming shortly.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

For included OEM MASD list, please see post #2.
    For Tweaks, updates, and news, please see post #3.

News:
    I will be releasing r2 very shortly on a new sys probably 21885, unless something comes out before then. I also will be adding a carrier provision install to help with other carriers even tho it is not needed. For MMS, Add a new mms server in the messaging client and enter the info from your carrier. This will be automated once i get the carrier provisioning done. I have added Telus and Verizon Carrier cabs to the first post. ROM as is will work on the cdma Rhodium_W carriers. Any questions, please ask away. As for always, please report any bugs you will find.

Also, i forgot to disable the footprints tab, which needs a chipset to work, which our device does not have (From research and what i have been told). You can easily disable it in the tab settings. Let the fun and games begin!

Happy Holidays and Enjoy!
    -deck

*Tweaks*
    1.To disable the Animated clock flip of 1 hr 2 mins, please install WVGA_2.5.cab attached to this thread.

2. To fix the mms server for sprint (to fix recieving, still working on sending even tho it will say successful).
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\MMS\Profiles\000]
    "MMSCURL"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=<your phone # here>"
    example:
    "MMSCURL"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=2128882222"
    3. For Verizon users keyboard mapping, please refer to this:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouFiles]
    "07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.Sprint_WWE.kmap.txt"
    change to 
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouFiles]
    "07FF"="eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt"
    4. Verizon User's MMS Settings:
    First, open up the messaging tab, then click all messages. Then click menu/settings/options. Then click menu again, and then click mms server. Click new.
    Enter these settings:
    Code:
    Name: Verizon
    Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890 (Replace the 1234567890 with your phone number)
    Port: 80
    WAP: None
    Click ok. Now highlight the server that you just created and set it as default. wallah!

5. Internet Sharing:
    go into the settings and click connections. make sure both options are set to your carrier. exit and restart.

Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102660
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D/\SH; December 29, 2009, 02:30 PM.
    sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: ROM 12/21 SsSROM r1 WM65(218825073 LEO Sense 25

hahhaa beat me to the punch, just saw this at geeks...... damn too bad he did leo otherwise i would give it a shot.

Comment

• jr5416
      • May 12

Re ROM 12/21 SsSROM r1 WM65(218825073 LEO Sense 25

Originally posted by D/\SH
      hahhaa beat me to the punch, just saw this at geeks...... damn too bad he did leo otherwise i would give it a shot.
      Yeap i hear ya bro but im running a great rom u reccomnened me and i got pic mail working so ill be good for a while
      sigpic

If i helped hit that THANKS button

Comment

• D/\SH
        Owner - Staff
        • Feb 07

Re: Re ROM 12/21 SsSROM r1 WM65(218825073 LEO Sense 25

Originally posted by jr5416
        Yeap i hear ya bro but im running a great rom u reccomnened me and i got pic mail working so ill be good for a while
        hell yeah isnt it a beauty! i went 2 days last time with over 2000 texts sent and received in that 2 day span and had to soft due to little sluggisness... right after bootup fast as could be again like freshly flashed and thats with all apps and games installed.

Comment

• tek
          • Nov 26

Re: ROM 12/21 SsSROM r1 WM65(218825073 LEO Sense 25

I remember the SsS ROM for the TP. I flashed before reading fourm and found out there was no active sync till it was to late. Im just glad I knew you could flash from a SD card otherwise I know i would of been freaked.
          It says Bugs, None. Really? not a one?

DASH you said to bad its a LEO. Why is that? What was wrong with LEOs again? the MMS didnt work? or wait that was 2.5 SenseUI right. Wasnt it something with the Texting and the LEOs?

And lastly, Can you flash a TP2 from a SD card the same way you did a TP, By just renaming the RUU file ti RAPHIMG.nbh and simply softing it to Bootloader

Comment

• BiG JeW
            ADMIN-Watch what you say!
            • Feb 09

Originally posted by tek
            I remember the SsS ROM for the TP. I flashed before reading fourm and found out there was no active sync till it was to late. Im just glad I knew you could flash from a SD card otherwise I know i would of been freaked.

DASH you said to bad its a LEO. Why is that? What was wrong with LEOs again? the MMS didnt work? or wait that was 2.5 SenseUI right. Wasnt it something with the Texting and the LEOs?

And lastly, Can you flash a TP2 from a SD card the same way you did a TP, By just renaming the RUU file ti RAPHIMG.nbh and simply softing it to Bootloader
            The reason Dash says too badd its Leo ROM because the LEO interface isnt perfected on the TP2. The reason deck says no issues or bugs is because there are none that he has any control over. The LEO is beta for TP2 so what you see is what you get and if something doesnt work correctly, its not deck problem to fix, its the LEO UI. MMS is a little tricky to fix on the LEO UI ROM too, although it can work. Yes, you can flash a ROM from the SD CARD the same way you did the TP the same way. RENAME, bootloader, FLASH!
            NOOB SECTION CLICK HERE
            LEARN HOW TO SEARCH CLICK HERE
            LEARN HOW TO FLASH ROMS CLICK HERE
            IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU.......
            PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON!!!!

Comment

• D/\SH
              Owner - Staff
              • Feb 07

Originally posted by BiG JeW
              The reason Dash says too badd its Leo ROM because the LEO interface isnt perfected on the TP2. The reason deck says no issues or bugs is because there are none that he has any control over. The LEO is beta for TP2 so what you see is what you get and if something doesnt work correctly, its not deck problem to fix, its the LEO UI. MMS is a little tricky to fix on the LEO UI ROM too, although it can work. Yes, you can flash a ROM from the SD CARD the same way you did the TP the same way. RENAME, bootloader, FLASH!
              yup just rename to the tp2 name hahah and exactly jew. i need stability on my devices thus why i use manila 2.1. (my favorite in this order atm)
              1. silence
              2. mighty
              3. mr. x

these are very stable and utilize the stock tp2 manila 2.1 and are lightning fast and is a suped up version of the stocker with 6.5... its like making a muscle car into a true beast... just ass a few things take a few out as well as some minor tweaks and you got yourself a cooked rom beast haha

Comment

• D/\SH
                Owner - Staff
                • Feb 07

Re: *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAP

updated with newest version

Comment

• deseagle07
                  • Mar 09

[QUOTE=tek;435364]I remember the SsS ROM for the TP. I flashed before reading fourm and found out there was no active sync till it was to late. Im just glad I knew you could flash from a SD card otherwise I know i would of been freaked.

And lastly, Can you flash a TP2 from a SD card the same way you did a TP, By just renaming the RUU file ti RAPHIMG.nbh and simply softing it to Bootloader[/
                  I dont have a TP2 but i do know that u rename it "RHODING", and NOT "raphimg"

Comment

• D/\SH
                    Owner - Staff
                    • Feb 07

[quote=deseagle07;436348]
                    Originally posted by tek

And lastly, Can you flash a TP2 from a SD card the same way you did a TP, By just renaming the RUU file ti RAPHIMG.nbh and simply softing it to Bootloader[/
                    I dont have a TP2 but i do know that u rename it "RHODING", and NOT "raphimg"

the leos have there share of bugs. the text screens are laggy, finally landscape in some roms, constant resets are needed, and some other things dont work or display correctly. mms also has some differences and hoops that you have to jump through as well.and yes just reanme RHODIMG

Comment

• vhickman
                      • Jan 08

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but will this rom work on non-cdma phones? I have the AT&T branded TP2 and was thinking about about upgrading to this rom.

Comment

• D/\SH
                        Owner - Staff
                        • Feb 07

Originally posted by vhickman
                        I apologize if this is a dumb question, but will this rom work on non-cdma phones? I have the AT&T branded TP2 and was thinking about about upgrading to this rom.
                        no you have to use gsm roms for yours and those can be found at xda-developers.. you can get the roms there and come back to us for all the goodies to stuff it with.

Comment

Working...