• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b727pilot
    Trying to Catch UP
    • Aug 22

Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

Originally posted by b727pilot
    I'm gonna hold out for the Hero. I hope they let me put it on the Sero. Fingers are crossed. Hope Sprint throws me another bone.

Has anyone got any word on if Sprint is going to let the Hero on the Sero acounts?

Thanks,

-T

Comment

• D/\SH
      Owner - Staff
      • Feb 07

Re: Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

Has anyone got any word on if Sprint is going to let the Hero on the Sero acounts?

Thanks,

-T

not sure i was wondering the same... got call from best buy that i dont have to wait till the 11th to pick up and can get on the 9th to pick it up. im stoked and hopefully they allow it on the sero accounts

Comment

• puertoblack2003
        OG Member
        • Nov 08

Originally posted by D/\SH
        not sure i was wondering the same... got call from best buy that i dont have to wait till the 11th to pick up and can get on the 9th to pick it up. im stoked and hopefully they allow it on the sero accounts
        i was looking for the post to share it here about that.But i can't find it, i think if i read it right its allowed not sure tho.When i find it i'll post it here.

SPJ Bulletin @
        forum.smartphonejunkie.org
        Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• puertoblack2003
          OG Member
          • Nov 08

Originally posted by puertoblack2003
          i was looking for the post to share it here about that.But i can't find it, i think if i read it right its allowed not sure tho.When i find it i'll post it here.
          ok here's one of the links but its not confirmed yet
          Code:
          http://www.cellfanatic.com/2009/09/22/the-great-debate-between-the-sprint-htc-hero-and-sero

SPJ Bulletin @
          forum.smartphonejunkie.org
          Law Enforcement Forum www.phillyfinest369.com

Comment

• b727pilot
            Trying to Catch UP
            • Aug 22

Re Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

The reason I was asking again was because I was in the Sprint store the other day and one of the Techs had the Hero (personal phone he said he got from a training seminar for Sprint). It was funny, he wouldn't let me turn it on or look at the screen. He did let me hold it (oooohhhhhhh ahhhhhhh),but only for a second. I just wanted to see how it felt as far as design goes. I know they have to keep it from public eyes before the release date but this guy was waaaay to serious and acted like this was some top secret government weapon or something. I kept getting the feeling that he was looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was trying to get a glimps of the phone....hahahahaa

Anyway, I asked him if he had heard if Sprint was going to allow it on the Sero plans and he said definitely not. Just by the way he was asking I kind of didn't think he knew exactly what he was talking about. Maybe he did but I didn't get that feeling.

I guess we'll have to wait a few days more to actually find out. D/\SH let us know how you like it when you get it. If you think it is half as good as this dude did then it will be a must have for me.

-T

--------- New Post Merged on 5/10/2009 at 1148 --------

Thanks for the article link puertoblack2003. Looking grim for me and Sero. Damn!
            Last edited by b727pilot; October 05, 2009, 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• spidermonkey21
              • Mar 31

Originally posted by ckv
              Sorry, I'm back.. But as for phones, Up to date, only the Pre and Instinct doesn't work on the Sero. The BB require extra work but is is doable. As for the Hero, there is a 75% chance of it not working, but we will have to see for that.
              hey ckv, any chance you have anymore sero 500 plans? i have the 1250 myself, but i have a friend that was looking to get any sort of sero plan.
              sigpic

Comment

• b727pilot
                Trying to Catch UP
                • Aug 22

Don't mean to hijack this thread but was wondering if someone could help me out. I've got the Sero 500 ($30/month with all the extras N/W 6pm, Pick 3, First incoming free ect) . Looks like if I want to upgrade to the new phones Sprint is going to make me get a new plan. I know I can get the TP2 at this point, but when the Hero was not allowed on the Sero I figure it is just a matter of time.

Anyone have a suggestion on what plan I can get that will be similar to this in both cost and minutes available, but allow me to upgrade to the new phones?

Thanks guys!

-T

Comment

• D/\SH
                  Owner - Staff
                  • Feb 07

Don't mean to hijack this thread but was wondering if someone could help me out. I've got the Sero 500 ($30/month with all the extras N/W 6pm, Pick 3, First incoming free ect) . Looks like if I want to upgrade to the new phones Sprint is going to make me get a new plan. I know I can get the TP2 at this point, but when the Hero was not allowed on the Sero I figure it is just a matter of time.

Anyone have a suggestion on what plan I can get that will be similar to this in both cost and minutes available, but allow me to upgrade to the new phones?

Thanks guys!

-T
                  you ownt find one that cheap.... to be able to use those phones you are looking at around double the price of what your paying a month now.

Comment

• spidermonkey21
                    • Mar 31

Thanks guys!

-T
                    also not trying to hijack the thread...
                    i recently noticed that sprint screwed me and took away my nights and weekends starting at 6pm and put it back to 7pm...i'm not too happy about that one...any way to get that fixed without them trying to screw me out of my current plan?
                    sigpic

Comment

• b727pilot
                      Trying to Catch UP
                      • Aug 22

you ownt find one that cheap.... to be able to use those phones you are looking at around double the price of what your paying a month now.

No I know I am not going to find anything that cheap or good. I do know that there is other employee plans out there and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I got turned on to the current plan I am on about 3 years ago and have been loving the price/features ever since. I guess it is time to move up and I was wondering what the next best "sero" plan out there was and how I should go about getting it.

My plan is up in about 4 months and I was wondering what should I shoot for. I know people have plans in the $50-55 dollar range but are they able to use a corporate discount on that or work any other deals?

I guess what I am asking is, for a cheap (frugal) ass like myself :) what should I be looking for.

Thanks,

-T

--------- New Post Merged on 14/10/2009 at 1113 --------

Originally posted by spidermonkey21
                      also not trying to hijack the thread...
                      i recently noticed that sprint screwed me and took away my nights and weekends starting at 6pm and put it back to 7pm...i'm not too happy about that one...any way to get that fixed without them trying to screw me out of my current plan?

Hey Spidermonkey,

Sprint actually did the same thing to my wives account and I was able to get it back. I think I had to sign another year with them but she isn't leaving so it was no big deal. I tried Ecare with no luck. They wouldn't budge so i went to retentions. They were actually pretty cool about it. I just explained that I really enjoyed my current plan and one of the things I liked most was the N/W at 6p. Guy said if I agreed to another 1yr he would put it back on.

So..... Diffidently worth a try. It worked for me.

-T
                      Last edited by b727pilot; October 14, 2009, 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• spidermonkey21
                        • Mar 31

Re Re Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

No I know I am not going to find anything that cheap or good. I do know that there is other employee plans out there and was wondering if anyone had any tips. I got turned on to the current plan I am on about 3 years ago and have been loving the price/features ever since. I guess it is time to move up and I was wondering what the next best "sero" plan out there was and how I should go about getting it.

My plan is up in about 4 months and I was wondering what should I shoot for. I know people have plans in the $50-55 dollar range but are they able to use a corporate discount on that or work any other deals?

I guess what I am asking is, for a cheap (frugal) ass like myself :) what should I be looking for.

Thanks,

-T

--------- New Post Merged on 14/10/2009 at 1113 --------

Hey Spidermonkey,

Sprint actually did the same thing to my wives account and I was able to get it back. I think I had to sign another year with them but she isn't leaving so it was no big deal. I tried Ecare with no luck. They wouldn't budge so i went to retentions. They were actually pretty cool about it. I just explained that I really enjoyed my current plan and one of the things I liked most was the N/W at 6p. Guy said if I agreed to another 1yr he would put it back on.

So..... Diffidently worth a try. It worked for me.

-T
                        cool, it's definitely worth a try. i know i signed up for it, and the whole time i've had sprint i was thinking yea this is cool n/w start at 6. but instead, i start seein where i didn't have it. the oddest part was, they took it off every bill i have so basically i have no proof that i even had it. guess i can try and see what they have to say. thanks for the help
                        sigpic

Comment

• b727pilot
                          Trying to Catch UP
                          • Aug 22

Re Re Re Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

cool, it's definitely worth a try. i know i signed up for it, and the whole time i've had sprint i was thinking yea this is cool n/w start at 6. but instead, i start seein where i didn't have it. the oddest part was, they took it off every bill i have so basically i have no proof that i even had it. guess i can try and see what they have to say. thanks for the help

yea you know how Sprint is, it really depends on who you talk to and when. If at first you don't succeed......you know the rest :)

Anyone have any ideas on a plan that I should be trying to get (low cost like the Sero but able to upgrade to the new phones)?

-T

Comment

• D/\SH
                            Owner - Staff
                            • Feb 07

Re: Re Re Re FS Sprint SERO 500 Plan $30 a month

yup they can do this at any time they please and thats part of what you agreed to.... kind of sucks when they start pulling them away and they say that they cant put them back on there...

Comment

Working...