X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

[RELEASE] Manila HD Hybrid 1.4.1 - Updated Jan.29

I've been playing around with Manila HD for a couple months, taking pieces from XDA and other pieces from themes from here... this is the result that has come out of it. This is basically tweaked for my own liking, anyone is welcome to take this and tweak it to their own. This HD Manila will also autoload.

Updated Jan 29 to version 1.4.1 Just a few minor changes include...
    Comm Manager tab now works
    Added "Forward" on SMS Messaging Tab
    Added SMS Zoom +/- (still has that weird behavior that you have to change the message for the fontsize to change)
    Updated ">" symbol to show up on the Submenus
    Added files from xboxmod 1.8 fix.

Updated Jan 27 to version 1.4. Changes include...
    Clock on Home Page now has it's background (semi-transparent)
    Background on All Tabs now active
    Background by default is now Black (removed my blue swirly background)
    Updated Icons on Call History (thanks Briggs)
    Used file 5e003d37 provided by Briggs for Email notifications
    Changed color of font on HD settings.mode9 to Grey
    Enabled "Sound Profiles" tab
    Enabled "Comm Manager" tab

Here's a full listing of all the Tabs...

Tab 1: Home - Removed background from digital clock, changed Operator logo from image found on XDA. Transparent highlights from Juggalo Manila (awesome work).
    Tab 2: People - HD Tab with the "Quick Buttons" at the bottom (one less button to press to dial, email or text). This was taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.
    Tab 3: Call History - Replaced HD version with standard VGA version. This prevents the "squished" look. Updated icons.
    Tab 4: Messaging - Originally I had mun_rus's Zoom+ and Zoom- on the messaging tab. I've removed these (didn't always work as expected). Replaced with standard VGA version.
    Tab 5: Email - Standard VGA version.
    Tab 6: Photos & Videos - Replaced the HD Version with Standard VGA version. The "pile" of photos were hidden behind the bottom curtain.
    Tab 7: Music - Standard VGA version.
    Tab 8: Internet - Standard VGA version.
    Tab 9: Stocks - HD Tab, taken from XBmod's version 1.8.1 of Manila HD on XDA.
    Tab 10: Weather - Replaced HD Tab with the Standard VGA. I didn't like the squished view of this tab. 5-day view restored as well.
    Tab 11: Calendar - Was just an XML edit.
    Tab 12: Settings - Includes the Manila HD "Customize Tabs" to rearrange or enable/disable tabs. Much easier than using another tool if you just want to turn on/off a tab.
    Tab 13: Sound Profiles - Another XML edit
    Tab 14: Comm Manager - Another XML edit
    Tab 15: Programs - No changes except the semi-transparent icons (Juggalo Manila) and bumping the rows to 8 instead of the stock 6.

Credits: Juggalo for his Manila containing lots of cool semi-transparent images. XBmod over at XDA for his auto-launching program and his continued work on HD Manila. mun_rus over at XDA as well for his initial work on Manila HD. Tons of other people for providing the Tools, Tutorials, and files for which this Manila wouldn't exist without.

I'm attaching two files, one is a CAB version and the other is a OEM Package. I havn't tested the CAB version, but because of the size, its reported to take around from 8-10 minutes to install. I use the OEM since it's easier for me to just flash and let all my customizations run automated. Also with the CAB, if you already have Manila HD installed, the "Customize Tabs" on the Settings page may not pick up the new Tabs.

1. Disable Touchflo 3D in Settings->Today->Items
    2. Install CAB to device (Not Internal Storage)
    3. Restart when prompted

The OEM package is easier... dump it into your OEM folder of your kitchen (I use Calcu's) and select just this Package with no other Manila options (No Manila Base, No Manila Clocks, No Manila themes, etc). This OEM is all-inclusive.

Megaupload CAB version 1.4.1 -
    Code:
    [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PU8CS2M[/URL]
    Megaupload OEM version 1.4.1 -
    Code:
    [URL]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1C8EAQ8H[/URL]
    I have seen the updates to add Landscape to this Manila on XDA by xboxmod. Here's a link to the post on XDA -
    Code:
    [URL]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470164[/URL]
    It uses Mortscript to determine if the device has been rotated and then executes an .EXE. There's nothing to really "add" for this Landscape fix... and it really isn't a true Manila Landscape.

I'm re-working the Weather Tab, so that should be in the next update which probably won't be for awhile. I'm getting time-crunched with work (and the wife).

Thanks,
    Daryel

i take no credit for this rom and the origianal thread by the developer can be found here:

Code:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54935
    Last edited by D/\SH; January 29, 2009, 06:10 PM.
  • D/\SH
    Owner - Staff
    • Feb 07

Re: Manila HD Hybrid 1.4.1 - Updated Jan.29

updated the first psot with the newest version.

Comment

Working...